Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Using ChargePoint Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I used the new app when I misplaced (was too lazy to dig for) my card recently - I also did not see "Start" on the charger's info page - but went back to the Map view and saw I could 'start' at a 'near' charger named at the bottom of the map. So I think the app works if you are there. But... Remote charging would no longer be doable, if more than a half mile (?) from a charger.

Add to me to the list advocating 120V (20A) spots at airports though.

Just back from Logan Airport, tried to connect via the app to start but no matter how close I was it wouldn't start the car.
So much for preheating the car...but the good news was, it was -12C in Canada but a balmy -1C in Boston when we landed.

1. Get the Card - It can save your sorry butt when you least expect it. $25.00 deposit to account required, should cover several charging sessions.

That didn't happen for me. I signed up and agreed to their terms, that say that they will bill me in $25 increments, but only after they need to bill me (which hasn't happened yet since I haven't had to use their service yet).

-- Greg

That didn't happen for me. I signed up and agreed to their terms, that say that they will bill me in $25 increments, but only after they need to bill me (which hasn't happened yet since I haven't had to use their service yet).

-- Greg
I opened an account and got a card w/out giving them a deposit.

Last edited:
I opened an account and got a card w/out giving them a deposit. I'm pretty sure I never even gave them a credit card number.

When I went through the flow (a couple of days ago), it did require me to provide my CC# in order to finish the registration. Maybe this was different before. At any rate, they haven't charged anything yet (which matches their description).

-- Greg

When I went through the flow (a couple of days ago), it did require me to provide my CC# in order to finish the registration. Maybe this was different before. At any rate, they haven't charged anything yet (which matches their description).

-- Greg
Forget I said that - I logged onto the Chargepoint account. They do have my credit card on file, but they never charged me anything.

I edited my post to remove the "I never gave them a credit card" statement.