Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero covers for 19” wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the 19” sport wheels with my car but I’ve been hearing that the range difference can be as much as 10%!? That’s 30+ miles on the long range!

Extra range would be nice on road trips. Does anyone know if they make aero covers that will fit the 19” wheel that help with range?

PS before people comment “just get the 18s” It’s because I’m vain and love the look of the 19s. Getting them powder coated grey to go with my white M3

Reactions: Railhawk52
I ordered the 19” sport wheels with my car but I’ve been hearing that the range difference can be as much as 10%!? That’s 30+ miles on the long range!

Extra range would be nice on road trips. Does anyone know if they make aero covers that will fit the 19” wheel that help with range?

PS before people comment “just get the 18s” It’s because I’m vain and love the look of the 19s. Getting them powder coated grey to go with my white M3
Test I have seen so far suggests 4 percent gain... not super scientific test... but "someone on Tesla motors club heard the VP of engineering claiming 10 percent gains" is not scientific either.

Test I have seen so far suggests 4 percent gain... not super scientific test... but "someone on Tesla motors club heard the VP of engineering claiming 10 percent gains" is not scientific either.
The data that Tesla submitted to the EPA indicated that energy consumption of the 18" Aero wheels was 10% less than the 19" Sport wheels.

More details here: Aero Efficiency

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte
I have the 19 inch sport wheels and I'm noticing 10% less range. The sport wheels cost me $1500 extra. Do you think Tesla or another Tesla owner would buy my sport wheels for even just $500 and at the same time get used or new 17 or 18 inch aero wheels on my Model 3?