Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheels in the wild...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see RECENT images of M3 in the wild without the Aero covers on the wheels. Anyone stumble across any that they can link to? The reason recency is important to me is that I don't trust the images from early vehicles...it strikes me as too good to be true that Tesla would sell the base wheel with a gorgeous underpinning, thereby threatening sales of the $1500 wheel upgrade. Since I'll get my invitation to configure soon, I'd like to be confident that the Aero wheels shipping 'now' are really still looking sexy underneath! Thanks.

I counted 39 pics there (more if you count pre-production color).
Lots of those pics are after-market wheels, not uncovered Aero wheels. Of the legit uncovered Aero-wheeled pictures, most have exposed lug nuts in silver, and an abyss in the center of the wheel...a precious few have a Tesla logo covering the center of the wheel, and black covering each lug nut...anyone know where those are sourced?

Lots of those pics are after-market wheels, not uncovered Aero wheels. Of the legit uncovered Aero-wheeled pictures, most have exposed lug nuts in silver, and an abyss in the center of the wheel...a precious few have a Tesla logo covering the center of the wheel, and black covering each lug nut...anyone know where those are sourced?
Incorrect, my count was all uncovered aero wheels not aftermarket. Did you miss the album continuation link at the bottom? Especially the photo of all exterior colors with all available OEM wheels (sport, aero, aero removed)? Also all the ones with center cap and lug nut covers in place?

Also covered in many threads, is that the stock S center cap is used, along with 21mm lug nut covers if you want to dress up the uncovered aero wheel. Tesla OEM part numbers too.

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad

Service center.

Lots of those pics are after-market wheels, not uncovered Aero wheels.
Very few aftermarket rims in the referenced photo album, maybe half a dozen photos. Some of the 18" rims show the hub 'T' cover some don't. What is remarkable the 18" rims without the aero covers look so good, they do look like aftermarket rims. Aftermarket will provide a plethora of hub/nut covers from which to choose. Just wait a couple of months. Attached is a great picture of the 18" rim with and without aero cover.
FB_IMG_151147182811.jpg

Very few aftermarket rims in the referenced photo album, maybe half a dozen photos. Some of the 18" rims show the hub 'T' cover some don't. What is remarkable the 18" rims without the aero covers look so good, they do look like aftermarket rims. Aftermarket will provide a plethora of hub/nut covers from which to choose. Just wait a couple of months. Attached is a great picture of the 18" rim with and without aero cover.
View attachment 271091
@EV-lutioin gave me a "disagree" on this post. I have no idea what they are disagreeing with. This is why I disagree with the "disagree" button and dislike it immensely. Nothing positive results without an explanation of why the disagree.

@EV-lutioin gave me a "disagree" on this post. I have no idea what they are disagreeing with. This is why I disagree with the "disagree" button and dislike it immensely. Nothing positive results without an explanation of why the disagree.
To funny, I have no idea either. I didn’t know I clicked the disagree button. Must have been an accident. This website is a bit clunky on a phone. Or maybe it is just me who is clunky.

I specifically ordered my white Bimmer with dark gray wheels so the brake dust wouldn't look so horrible. I think these 18" wheels look bad because they don't have the Tesla covers for the lug nuts.
There are dark lug nut covers sold by Tesla, as well as the hub logo. Part numbers are floating around here somewhere. So that part of the problem can be solved. There's no chance I would like the uncovered 18s without the nuts and the center covered properly.

I'd like to see RECENT images of M3 in the wild without the Aero covers on the wheels. Anyone stumble across any that they can link to? The reason recency is important to me is that I don't trust the images from early vehicles...it strikes me as too good to be true that Tesla would sell the base wheel with a gorgeous underpinning, thereby threatening sales of the $1500 wheel upgrade. Since I'll get my invitation to configure soon, I'd like to be confident that the Aero wheels shipping 'now' are really still looking sexy underneath! Thanks.

Here is an owner on Youtube who took off his aero wheel covers (short video less than 2 min) who had his car delivered a week before the start of 2018