Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After repairs done by Tesla Approved Body shop - Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was rear-ended badly by a semi. Luckily my Model 3 battery is not damaged. So, my car is not totaled.

My question now: after my car gets repairs done a Tesla approved body shop, will I get any issues from the car? If I get into issues, still will I have the warranty I get from Tesla?

Thank you in advance.

I was rear-ended badly by a semi. Luckily my Model 3 battery is not damaged. So, my car is not totaled.

My question now: after my car gets repairs done a Tesla approved body shop, will I get any issues from the car? If I get into issues, still will I have the warranty I get from Tesla?

Thank you in advance.

Glad you're okay after your accident.

You have your full warranty, getting into a wreck does not negate that.

Be aware that Tesla might send you back to the body shop if you have a corrosion or paint failure issue in a part of the car that was repaired by that shop.

Also, be aware that "noise" issues like squeaks and rattles are only apparently covered by Tesla for one year so if you observe any of those after the car is repaired you'd want to get them addressed right away.

Good luck.

Glad you're okay after your accident.

You have your full warranty, getting into a wreck does not negate that.

Be aware that Tesla might send you back to the body shop if you have a corrosion or paint failure issue in a part of the car that was repaired by that shop.

Also, be aware that "noise" issues like squeaks and rattles are only apparently covered by Tesla for one year so if you observe any of those after the car is repaired you'd want to get them addressed right away.

Good luck.
Thanks for the heads-up.