Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarker Sound Upgrade of 3 Front 4" speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I copied this guy to use these songs to do speak test. You should try, definitely awesome.

398cc2c3-65e5-487a-a965-3929c6046b88.jpg

Reactions: WhtLghtning
I took the next step beyond the Infinity Ref on the dash, but let me take a step back to the stock speakers.

The door woofers are a weaker speaker than the dash speakers which are just okay themselves. Replacing the dash speakers with Ref-4032's does make a difference, there's no question about that, however it's not a massive improvement. I found replacing the stock door woofers with Hertz MP165.3 made a much more significant difference. The Hertz/Infinity combo does sound good, but the staging and imaging just isn't right. Hard to explain but it definitely left me wanting to install a DSP so that I could EQ and time align the front stage. Today I let a fellow Model 3 RWD owner hear my system today and he was wowed by it over the stock speakers, especially the midbass! So to the average person looking for a bit more this is a worthy upgrade.

This evening I pulled the Infinity Ref's and replaced them with a trio of ScanSpeak 10F/4424G00's on custom brackets.

I would highly recommend this upgrade full stop. It's been recommended a few times earlier in this thread, which is why I bought them, I had heard of them years ago but never ended up buying them (for my '86 Porsche). These things sound amazing, the staging and imaging is right, the stage is high and wide with incredible vocals and highs (my RWD has no tweeters yet so I expect further improvement once I get those hooked up).

Thank you whatdoiknow for your recommendation of these, they are incredible. I may have to try the D2004 tweeter as well.

Everyone else just buy these!

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

Reactions: Adam3 and Clover
Thanks for the post! Now I have to decide between FaitalPRO 4FE32 or Scanspeak 10F/4424G00 ....

Good thread here...

Last edited:
Thanks for the post! Now I have to decide between FaitalPRO 4FE32 or Scanspeak 10F/4424G00 ....

Good thread here...
To be fair I haven't heard the 4FE32 so I'm just going by information from others but this line from the post you quoted: "The winner? Well I didn't expect anything else... it's the 10F. But I wanted to see how much worse the distortion of the Faital Pro would be. Answer: not even remotely close!"

The above probably says everything you need to know.

I can express how good the 10F is though, and for the first time in my Tesla I couldn't stop listening, I sat in the car in my driveway for over an hour just listening. My personal benchmark of if something sounds good or great is if I want to skip tracks. If I can't make myself skip to the next track because I'm enjoying the song too much it's in the great camp, if I tend to skip from track to track it's good at best. The stock RWD system is above average, with Infinity Ref on the dash it's almost good, with Infinity Ref and good midbass in the doors it's good. With 10F's in the dash and good midbass it's great.

Whatever path you take, make the one that's right for you, your budget and your taste.

• Love
Reactions: Adam3
Just picked up some brackets from @RWAudio and his old infinity dash setup. His scan speak setup and door upgrade is out of this world. Now I have the upgrade bug haha 😂

Will edit this post in a few. Haha
I love the stance of your 3! Enjoy the speakers, I should be able to design a door bracket for just about any 6-8" woofer as long as it's not too deep, but the Hertz woofer is pretty solid.

How much for a door woofer bracket and speaker harness for the HERTZ MP 165P.3 PRO MILLE MIDWOOFERS 6.5"-165mm? and are you selling those scan speaks 10f?? haha
I'll PM you on brackets, unfortunately I'll never let go of my 10f's unless I find something better, but I think that's a tough ask. I may try the Hertz MP70.3 and/or ML700.3 there's also the Utopia M 3.5WM but by that point, I'd probably need better amplification with DSP to tune the speakers to the car (The 10f's would likely benefit from some tuning also).

After reading the 7 pages of posts, interesting the front mids, now two mids are fed a full range signal.

Hepaking is offering an upgrade package including speaker brackets and replacement sub. Using Alpine DP speakers ( must be a Pacific Rim model) or Focal.

Im interested in the the ScanSpeak as well. With them being 4 ohm vs 3, did you notice a decrease in the loudness with less power or did the high sensitivity make up for it? I recently upgraded my '23 MYP with a JL Audio 10W6 and JL RD500/1 amp. Want make sure I'm not loosing any loudness from the mid range upgrade to keep up with this sub.

I took the next step beyond the Infinity Ref on the dash, but let me take a step back to the stock speakers.

The door woofers are a weaker speaker than the dash speakers which are just okay themselves. Replacing the dash speakers with Ref-4032's does make a difference, there's no question about that, however it's not a massive improvement. I found replacing the stock door woofers with Hertz MP165.3 made a much more significant difference. The Hertz/Infinity combo does sound good, but the staging and imaging just isn't right. Hard to explain but it definitely left me wanting to install a DSP so that I could EQ and time align the front stage. Today I let a fellow Model 3 RWD owner hear my system today and he was wowed by it over the stock speakers, especially the midbass! So to the average person looking for a bit more this is a worthy upgrade.

This evening I pulled the Infinity Ref's and replaced them with a trio of ScanSpeak 10F/4424G00's on custom brackets.

I would highly recommend this upgrade full stop. It's been recommended a few times earlier in this thread, which is why I bought them, I had heard of them years ago but never ended up buying them (for my '86 Porsche). These things sound amazing, the staging and imaging is right, the stage is high and wide with incredible vocals and highs (my RWD has no tweeters yet so I expect further improvement once I get those hooked up).

Thank you whatdoiknow for your recommendation of these, they are incredible. I may have to try the D2004 tweeter as well.

Everyone else just buy these!

View attachment 925524

View attachment 925525

Im interested in the the ScanSpeak as well. With them being 4 ohm vs 3, did you notice a decrease in the loudness with less power or did the high sensitivity make up for it? I recently upgraded my '23 MYP with a JL Audio 10W6 and JL RD500/1 amp. Want make sure I'm not loosing any loudness from the mid range upgrade to keep up with this sub.
Although the ScanSpeak is quite efficient there might be a slight decrease in overall volume (I often listen between 1/2 and just over 3/4 volume now) but the change could be the decrease in distortion allows higher actual listening volume without distortion.

I will have a Kicker L7T82 and Kicker 500.1 going in soon (the amp was backordered) so I'll have a better perspective on how loud the overall system is. I'm getting older, but I would say it gets plenty loud and if you are also replacing the door woofers the front end should keep up with a 10".

Although the ScanSpeak is quite efficient there might be a slight decrease in overall volume (I often listen between 1/2 and just over 3/4 volume now) but the change could be the decrease in distortion allows higher actual listening volume without distortion.

I will have a Kicker L7T82 and Kicker 500.1 going in soon (the amp was backordered) so I'll have a better perspective on how loud the overall system is. I'm getting older, but I would say it gets plenty loud and if you are also replacing the door woofers the front end should keep up with a 10".
So you got better sound or resolution with a high end mid replacing a lower end coax? I think its weird a full signal is being to sent to the driver in the first place. No crossover between driver and amp.

That Scanspeak, no doubt, will sound better than any Alpine mid........Well maybe the same as an Alpine F1 driver.

Why not use a Hertz 4 inch mid too?

Last edited: