Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket accessory options for the Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 85P is being built as we speak so I have another 4 weeks or so to drool over what it would be like to own a Tesla.
I'm also wondering what are my options for aftermarket accessories. At this point I've only found very few accessories (and some in the works).
I understand that with every new model (even existing brands) it takes a few years for the aftermarket world to start producing products. So I would expect to start hearing about new products in the near future.
Perhaps this would be a good thread to keep a list.

I put one of those on my screen and it makes a huge difference -- no fingerprints, and the glare is a little bit less. I don't find the clarity of the screen nor the sensitivity is affected. It also gives a slight bit more friction for your finger to give a little tactile response vs the naked screen. If you've ever used a similar screen protector on your iphone you'll recognize the difference. Not this isn't like the invisible shield/paint protection films - it's more of a firmer plastic film.

The film is a bit of a pain to get in perfectly straight due to the size and the screen below going nuts as I touched the front surface to smooth out bubbles or repositioned the film. The new screen cleaning mode in version 5 of the TeslaOS will be quite welcome for this.

A nice bonus: when I ordered it, I got 2 matte protectors for $25, but the company just emailed me to say they're sending another 2 of their new glossier films for free because the newest listing on amazon includes 4 protectors (2 gloss & 2 matte). I thought it was a generous offer since I still felt the original 2 pack was a good deal.

Given how many people want to check out my Model S, it's nice to not worry about the smudgy screen!

Last edited:
I put one of those on my screen and it makes a huge difference -- no fingerprints, and the glare is a little bit less. I don't find the clarity of the screen nor the sensitivity is affected. It also gives a slight bit more friction for your finger to give a little tactile response vs the naked screen. If you've ever used a similar screen protector on your iphone you'll recognize the difference. Not this isn't like the invisible shield/paint protection films - it's more of a firmer plastic film.

A nice bonus: when I ordered it, I got 2 matte protectors for $25, but the company just emailed me to say they're sending another 2 of their new glossier films for free because the newest listing on amazon includes 4 projectors (2 gloss & 2 matte). I thought it was a generous offer since I still felt the original 2 pack was a good deal.

Given how many people want to check out my Model S, it's nice to not worry about the smudgy screen!

How hard was it to install without dust or bubbles?

The size of the film and its relative stiffness makes it a bit hard to install, and I did get a couple of pieces of dust under it. The length of it makes it important to line up straight since a small 1/2 degree off at the top leaves quite a gap by the bottom. It's a challenge partly because the screen underneath reacts, so you end up adjusting the AC/fans, etc, but it's worth the effort.

The size of the film and its relative stiffness makes it a bit hard to install, and I did get a couple of pieces of dust under it. The length of it makes it important to line up straight since a small 1/2 degree off at the top leaves quite a gap by the bottom. It's a challenge partly because the screen underneath reacts, so you end up adjusting the AC/fans, etc, but it's worth the effort.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It seems that you initially got and installed the matte film, did it resolve the glare issues while driving on a bright sunny day?
Have you tried the Gloss film yet, if yes, what are the differences. I am thinking about getting one and since it comes in a package of four (2 gloss and 2 matte) any input/advise will truly be helpful in my decision making process.