Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Model X brighter headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I try to avoid night driving altogether because of all the deer.

Much of my driving is on two lane county roads with no shoulder or lighting.

I would love to have stronger headlights.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of brighter, aftermarket brighter headlights for a 2016 Model X?

Thanks

Check what Bjorn did with his Model3 to upgrade headlights:

I thought my Model 3 had the best headlights I’ve ever used. Can’t imagine why anyone would see the need to upgrade those. My 2017 Model X’s headlights don’t seem quite as good as the 3’s were, but I still find them a cut above the Lexus I owned prior to the 3. Like jboy210 implied above, there’s nothing worse than approaching a headlight-modded pickup truck head-on at night. “Blinded by the light...”

I thought my Model 3 had the best headlights I’ve ever used. Can’t imagine why anyone would see the need to upgrade those. My 2017 Model X’s headlights don’t seem quite as good as the 3’s were, but I still find them a cut above the Lexus I owned prior to the 3. Like jboy210 implied above, there’s nothing worse than approaching a headlight-modded pickup truck head-on at night. “Blinded by the light...”

Model 3's headlights are fantastic; the X isn't quite as good (but still very good.)

The *best* headlights - bar none - I've ever had were in our Buick Enclave. Bright, great light pattern, all-LED.

My Cadillac XT5 had very similar lights - also top notch - but ... had what might be the most unappreciated (and useful) light ever: front cornering lights. Put the turn signal on, and they illuminate around a curve. Genuinely fantastic. One of those "you don't realize how great they are till you don't have them anymore" features. The Model X adaptive headlights are OK but not as good as a dedicated cornering lamp.

Model 3's headlights are fantastic; the X isn't quite as good (but still very good.)

The *best* headlights - bar none - I've ever had were in our Buick Enclave. Bright, great light pattern, all-LED.

My Cadillac XT5 had very similar lights - also top notch - but ... had what might be the most unappreciated (and useful) light ever: front cornering lights. Put the turn signal on, and they illuminate around a curve. Genuinely fantastic. One of those "you don't realize how great they are till you don't have them anymore" features. The Model X adaptive headlights are OK but not as good as a dedicated cornering lamp.
Agreed. I had a 2008 5-series BMW with the adaptive cornering lights. Loved those.