Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket parking sensors ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be possible to fit aftermarket parking sensors to a vehicle without USS?
If so any recommendations?

Maybe 360 bird's eye view:

Last edited:
Sure.

feelers.jpg

Park Assist will be coming back. It has been temporarily removed.

Sure.

View attachment 870160

Park Assist will be coming back. It has been temporarily removed.
Tesla should be making sure that the replacement is available first and working well in rain, snow and bright light before removing the sensors. We are paying Tesla for our vehicles and I personally don't mind paying a little bit extra directly to have this feature that we've had for years continue to be standard on new vehicles. Why not add the 360 degree real camera view plus front bumper camera as standard while they are at it, plus the long-rumored integrated solar panel option.

Reactions: ThatMike
Tesla should be making sure that the replacement is available first and working well in rain, snow and bright light before removing the sensors. We are paying Tesla for our vehicles and I personally don't mind paying a little bit extra directly to have this feature that we've had for years continue to be standard on new vehicles. Why not add the 360 degree real camera view plus front bumper camera as standard while they are at it, plus the long-rumored integrated solar panel option.
Looking at what Musk did to twitter employees, I don't think we will have it... he is the richest but also the cheapest.

I wish I’d never bought the new Tesla it’s just not safe without the sensors. It was crazy to build a luxury car without them. I literally haven’t driven a car without parking sensors for over 25 years. I’ve had the car for 2 days and hate this I would not recommend a Tesla because of this

Would it be possible to fit aftermarket parking sensors to a vehicle without USS?
If so any recommendations?
Yes, super common. My father-in-law had them installed on his car, and they worked well. It's very simple - they drill the bumpers to install the sensors and then hide interior speakers for the beeps. The major downside is the black sensor warts on the bumpers.

In theory, eventually, Tesla will roll-out the sofware update to correct this. No arguing that this was an epic fail of expectation management.

It was huge error of judgment to remove the parking sensors without a viable replacement. A family member specifically asked whether their new model 3 would have the sensors before they collected it at the end of last year and were told it would. On collection, this was obviously a lie. They were told that the new camera based system would follow shortly but I now read that this will only be available with the FSD. If that is true, it is ridiculous and there is an argument that the car was sold based on a false representation. Even cars that are half the price come with sensors as standard and I haven't had a car without sensors in over 20 years. The lease on my model 3 ends soon and I would have opted for the Model Y Performance but I am now looking at an alternatives.

You can get aftermarket sensor kits on Amazon and Alibaba all day long. Most are dirt cheap. They won’t interface with the car but a separate display.

If you feel you need them they are out there.
I believe you would void the auxiliary battery warranty by fitting aftermarket parts and connecting to the system.

• Disagree
Reactions: beachmiles
I believe you would void the auxiliary battery warranty by fitting aftermarket parts and connecting to the system.

According to Tesla swapping out the puddle lights voids the warranty.

Either way not something I recommend and not something I would do myself. But the guy is asking for ideas since it seems so important.

You can always hook it up to a separate battery or the cigarette lighter.

There are even wireless ones that are on the license plate frame and use rechargeable batteries or solar cells.