Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are matte gunmetal. Sizes are the recommended fitment from EVS, they had stock of this fitment in both matte gunmetal and satin black.

20X9- 5X114.3-+32-FLAT-73.1-MG-MATTE GUNMETAL
20X10.5 - 5X114.3 - ET45 - DEEP - 73.1 -MG - MATTE GUNMETAL
(2x 245/35ZR20)
(2x 285/30ZR20)

thanks for the reply. 20x9 et32 fronts. Are you pretty close to being flush to the fender? Vossen has an option for 20x9.5 et25.

Hi Everyone,

I just ordered Vossen HF2 in gloss gold for my M3D. I went with 20x9 rim with 235/35 R20 Michelin 4s all around. I do plan to lower the car next summer with MPP or unplugged performance coil overs with roughly 1” drop. Currently it will run on stock height. This is my daily driver so I am not planning to go too aggressive on the setup but more to do with clean cohesive look. Now here is my question -
The guys suggested +38 offset for the wheels but based on my online research of lowered M3 and reading things here I think it can handle +35 offset on Vossen HF2 without being to aggressive. I will appreciate any suggestion or comments?

Thanks,
MC
@Iceman7781 Got photos of the HF2 installed? I love that wheel.

After 32k miles (with 3-4 mm left) on my oem MXM4s I went with the AS 3+ and America's Tire in Santa Clara. They were great, patient, helpful, quick/on-time, and fun. They waited on the phone 30 minutes to talk to a Michelin rep and was able to prorate my MXM4s for $55/tire! This is my first time with them, will definitely go back.

As for the AS 3+, I'll give you a 1-5 comparison, where 3 is equal to the MXM4s, 1 is worse and 5 is better than.

The AS 3+ is a good looking tire (4). Definitely more aggressive looking than the MXM4s (5). Has a nice lip to protect the rim (5) (wish I had these on day 1 since it took me 4 hours to rash my first rim). Comfort-wise they feel pretty good (3), a little less harsh than my MXM4s but that's expected since they have full tread. Grip-wise, they're much, much better (5). Cornering they feel much sturdier (5). When rolling they're a bit noisier, noticeably, but not terrible (2). However, over bumps and cracks, they sound more muted (4). As for range hit, I've only done about 100 miles since we're in Shelter at Home mode so I'm not driving my normal paths, but they're definitely worse (1.5 - 2). Hopefully not terrible. With my MXM4s on my LR RWD I got an average of 230 wh/mi over 32k miles, mostly in freeway traffic. With these, I'm guessing it'll climb up to ~280-300 wh/mi. I'll update once I get more miles into it.

Hope this helps. Stay safe and healthy.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
So I had my 19" QuietTracks mounted on Wednesday, and so far, I'm thrilled. They're definitely, definitely quieter than the 18" MXM4's I had previously. Handling and grip seem good, but that's purely subjective. Haven't had any rain to drive in yet, so can't comment on that either.

They feel better over bumps and such as well, but some of that could be outcome bias.

But they look good and ride smoothly. Very happy so far (all 48 hours' worth!)
This solidifies my choice to install QuietTrack tires.

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
The AS 3+ is a good looking tire (4). Definitely more aggressive looking than the MXM4s (5). Has a nice lip to protect the rim (5) (wish I had these on day 1 since it took me 4 hours to rash my first rim). Comfort-wise they feel pretty good (3), a little less harsh than my MXM4s but that's expected since they have full tread. Grip-wise, they're much, much better (5). Cornering they feel much sturdier (5). When rolling they're a bit noisier, noticeably, but not terrible (2). However, over bumps and cracks, they sound more muted (4). As for range hit, I've only done about 100 miles since we're in Shelter at Home mode so I'm not driving my normal paths, but they're definitely worse (1.5 - 2). Hopefully not terrible. With my MXM4s on my LR RWD I got an average of 230 wh/mi over 32k miles, mostly in freeway traffic. With these, I'm guessing it'll climb up to ~280-300 wh/mi. I'll update once I get more miles into it.

I dropped from the OEM 20" wheels (28.75 lbs per wheel) / Pilot Sport 4S tire set up to an 18" Titan7 T-S5 wheel (18.3 lbs per wheel) with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. Staying close to the speed limit and flow of traffic, I've actually been able to get under 212 Wh/mi. I can't remember what my lifetime average was, because all that information was lost after my HW3 upgrade....

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
Just got my wheels mounted this week, really happy with the look!

HRE FF01
Front: 20x9.5 +35 255/35/20
Rear: 20x10.5 +45 275/30/20
Finish: Stone Champagne
Tires: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06

Other mods: KWv3 Coilovers, Chrome Delete, 20% Tint

1.jpg
2.jpg

Attachments

• 2020_0319_17143900.jpg
    2020_0319_17143900.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 115
Serious questions here for P3D with larger brakes (looking to lower pot hole damage without the small look of the 18 inch rims):
1. Is a 19 inch rim with +28 offset workable (looking at Martian MW03 rims)?
2. There are no acoustic Michelin PS4 tires in 19" diameter. Is this a problem to use a non-acoustic tire (I heard profile is a little flatter and made for higher pressures).
3. Is a 19 inch rim with +35 offset a better choice (Falcon is heavier rim by 4 lbs, but better acceptable offset)?
4. Better to stick with 20" rim that is stronger so I can stay with the factory tire size?
5. If I go 19 inch tire, what pressure, still stock pressure of 41psi?

Serious questions here for P3D with larger brakes (looking to lower pot hole damage without the small look of the 18 inch rims):
1. Is a 19 inch rim with +28 offset workable (looking at Martian MW03 rims)?
2. There are no acoustic Michelin PS4 tires in 19" diameter. Is this a problem to use a non-acoustic tire (I heard profile is a little flatter and made for higher pressures).
3. Is a 19 inch rim with +35 offset a better choice (Falcon is heavier rim by 4 lbs, but better acceptable offset)?
4. Better to stick with 20" rim that is stronger so I can stay with the factory tire size?
5. If I go 19 inch tire, what pressure, still stock pressure of 41psi?

1. yes, they will fit. I know someone with a P3D who's sporting these exact wheels in 19".
2. no problem using an alternative low rolling resistance tire with no acoustic tech. There has been testing done that's argued they hardly make any difference at all in minimizing road noise. I personally went with continental purecontact tires when I upgraded to 19s, and I actually found them to be quieter than the stock michelins.
3. This is subjective, but technically speaking, you would still stay within OEM specs with an et35 offset.
4. This is subjective too. For appearances, I think they look the best. But, lower profile tires potentially leave you more prone to road damage.
5. Same tire pressure recommendations

Very nice! Just got mine installed yesterday too, same wheel specs (except front tires).

Just got my wheels mounted this week, really happy with the look!

HRE FF01
Front: 20x9.5 +35 255/35/20
Rear: 20x10.5 +45 275/30/20
Finish: Stone Champagne
Tires: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06

Other mods: KWv3 Coilovers, Chrome Delete, 20% Tint

View attachment 523697 View attachment 523698

Reactions: jnericks
That is the style I prefer (very nice), and many manufacturers have similar styles. My only issue is the lack of a 64.1 center bore. I wish there was a list of 19 inch wheels with 64.1 center bore. Really not a fan of center bore alignment rings.

I agree. That was the one regret I had with this purchase. I purchased it from an online vendor, and I specifically asked if it was hubcentric and I was assured it was before placing the order. However, that was obviously misinformation that I later discovered after verifying it directly with forgestar. Unfortunately, after I tried to fight it and cancel my order, I was denied because it was already 4 weeks into my order. That was a rookie error on my part for waiting too long to verify it myself with the company directly.

But, I have used hubcentric rings before with aftermarket wheels on my previous car for over 95k miles, and I had no issues with them whatsoever. So I just came to accept these because I love the look with regard to style, paint quality, weight (21.4 lbs), and concavity for stock width (8.5) that are rotary forged.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are hubcentric 19s available from other manufacturers like VMR and FAST wheels, and are all relatively lightweight. For forged, obviously, they're custom forged so they're going to match the hub bore.

I agree. That was the one regret I had with this purchase. I purchased it from an online vendor, and I specifically asked if it was hubcentric and I was assured it was before placing the order. However, that was obviously misinformation that I later discovered after verifying it directly with forgestar. Unfortunately, after I tried to fight it and cancel my order, I was denied because it was already 4 weeks into my order. That was a rookie error on my part for waiting too long to verify it myself with the company directly.

But, I have used hubcentric rings before with aftermarket wheels on my previous car for over 95k miles, and I had no issues with them whatsoever. So I just came to accept these because I love the look with regard to style, paint quality, weight (21.4 lbs), and concavity for stock width (8.5) that are rotary forged.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are hubcentric 19s available from other manufacturers like VMR and FAST wheels, and are all relatively lightweight. For forged, obviously, they're custom forged so they're going to match the hub bore.
Didn't use the rings on mine, just go through 2 seconds of aligning the lugs properly.

• Disagree
Reactions: pdx_m3s