Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update as I got the car lowered on MPP Comfort Coilovers...glad to have closed the gap.
Wheels: 20x8.5 ET35 and 20x10 ET40 TItan7 T-S5 in Technica Bronze finish.
3-25-2020 Golden Gate Park Model 3 Performance 10.jpg 3-25-2020 Golden Gate Park Model 3 Performance 3.jpg 3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 5.jpg 3-25-2020 Battery Godfrey Model 3 Performance 2.jpg 3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 7.jpg 3-25-2020 Baker Beach Model 3 Performance 4.jpg

I'm working on ordering some BC Forged Wheels for my summer set, specifically the TD02's, love the oldschool lip look. Is anyone else running BC Forged Wheels? How about a 10" Square setup with 265/35/19's? This will be for a P3D-
Still trying to decide on offset... any recommendations?

Here's the only pictures I have found online:

TD02_MAIN.jpg
TD02-Car02_061125f6-dc41-49f8-97e2-73e3776987b6_2000x.jpg
EIaUaFsXkAQEaDs.jpg

Suspension I got directly from MPP and had a local mechanic install it for me. The Titan7's I ordered from European Autosource - lots of different vendors available or direct from Titan7 - it's really rare to find discounts with them.
That is the problem I am having right now, no discounts to push me over the edge. I love the Martian wheels, the Titan 7 wheels, and VMR wheels. The T Sportline Falcon wheels are also ok, but way more expensive than the rest, and are heavier. The first to get back to me with a good deal gets my business LOL.

That is the problem I am having right now, no discounts to push me over the edge. I love the Martian wheels, the Titan 7 wheels, and VMR wheels. The T Sportline Falcon wheels are also ok, but way more expensive than the rest, and are heavier. The first to get back to me with a good deal gets my business LOL.
FWIW I have had good luck with Titan 7. Their wheels are nice and not priced to break the bank.

Honestly...weight with these EVs don't matter much - at least not from my understanding of impacts on acceleration or efficiency. The design of the wheel and size/compound/design of the tire has a much greater impact.

gmak,
How are you liking the MPP comforts? I'm on UP mild springs, thinking about buying some. Do you have any more pics of your ride? instagram? Thanks!
My IG is here, though I don' t have too many lowered photos posted yet. Model 3 Performance (@freddyp3d) • Instagram photos and videos
My first impressions of the coils are here: Mountainpass Performance Comfort Coilovers on a 2019 P3D - First Impressions : TeslaModel3

I actually raised the car a bit today and the ride gets even better. It was a bit too low up front after it settled. I may actually still want to raise the front a hair more and lower the rear just a bit (I think the rear was raised just a bit too much).

Honestly...weight with these EVs don't matter much - at least not from my understanding of impacts on acceleration or efficiency. The design of the wheel and size/compound/design of the tire has a much greater impact.
Unsprung weight is definitely a factor. I saw a test with lighter rims that change the 0-60 time from 3.2 to 2.9. All the rims mentioned are still way lighter than stock, so all is good, I just wont pay a premium for a rim that is heavier that is all. By the way, your titans are super light, good choice.

Reactions: gcmak
Unsprung weight is definitely a factor. I saw a test with lighter rims that change the 0-60 time from 3.2 to 2.9. All the rims mentioned are still way lighter than stock, so all is good, I just wont pay a premium for a rim that is heavier that is all. By the way, your titans are super light, good choice.
The Titan7s are light by a lot compared to Tesla's 20" (non-track pack), and are one of the forged wheels which more reasonably priced. Unfortunately some (not all) of the weight was regained in the tire I picked (but also because of the staggered fitment). Efficiency at highway speeds is also drastically reduced as a result of the much more open wheel design, greater offset in the rear, and rolling resistance of the 275mm width rear tires. It doesn't help/hurt 0-60 in my testing; in stock form, grip was never an issue, so you'd need to drop a significant amount of unsprung weight to realize a measurable benefit imo. I've seen it done online, as you've pointed out, I'm just looking at a bigger picture.

Ordered a set of Martian MW03 Forged wheels in Silver 18x8,5+35. They are going on my 20 LR AWD+ in Blue with White interior. I am going to use the stock tires and sell the Aero wheels and caps. Unfortunately they are back ordered with a wait of approximately 3 weeks.

Why not go with a +24? Make the tires/ wheels flush with the fenders? Still use factory 18 tire/ width!

• Informative
Reactions: Super Gizmo
I
That is the offset recommended by Martian and comes with the wheels. Frankly I don't know how to go about changing it to what you are recommending. How and where can I get the +24? Thanks.

Yes, that is true to Tesla Spec. It's going to give you the same look as factory 18's. I'm looking for a little more cushion and a flush look, thus trying to find a wheel with these specs for less than 2K. 18 x 8.5 ET24

See this thread:
Tesla Model 3 should have a version that came this way

Also remember to get "FLUSH" Look, per Signaturesales:
Wheel Width:
8.5J ET 24
9.0J ET30
9.5J ET35
10.5J ET40

I

Yes, that is true to Tesla Spec. It's going to give you the same look as factory 18's. I'm looking for a little more cushion and a flush look, thus trying to find a wheel with these specs for less than 2K. 18 x 8.5 ET24

See this thread:
Tesla Model 3 should have a version that came this way

Also remember to get "FLUSH" Look, per Signaturesales:
Wheel Width:
8.5J ET 24
9.0J ET30
9.5J ET35
10.5J ET40

So, is ET 28 close enough? Thanks.