Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

Please bear with me as I couldn't effectively comb the 124 pages in this post, but was wondering if there is a reason most folks go with aftermarket wheels at 19" (or even 20"s) and not 18"s?

I've noticed that most of the 18" wheels are mainly for the winter setups but then folks switch them out to the 19" or 20"s for the spring/summer or even all season daily. I was looking to drop down from the 20" performance OEMs to an 18" for reasons other than pothole preventative issues (i.e. light weight, ride comfort, possible road noise, etc). However, since most of you all use the 19s or 20s for the non winter / daily driving I was wondering if I was missing something other than aesthetics?

Any help is appreciated.

Hope all is well,
AP

All,

Please bear with me as I couldn't effectively comb the 124 pages in this post, but was wondering if there is a reason most folks go with aftermarket wheels at 19" (or even 20"s) and not 18"s?

I've noticed that most of the 18" wheels are mainly for the winter setups but then folks switch them out to the 19" or 20"s for the spring/summer or even all season daily. I was looking to drop down from the 20" performance OEMs to an 18" for reasons other than pothole preventative issues (i.e. light weight, ride comfort, possible road noise, etc). However, since most of you all use the 19s or 20s for the non winter / daily driving I was wondering if I was missing something other than aesthetics?

Any help is appreciated.

Hope all is well,
AP

You're not missing anything. It's the best balance between range and aesthetics. I went from OEM 18s to aftermarket 19s solely for this purpose. But, when I know I'm going on a long road trip, e.g. over 300 miles, then I switch them back to aeros.

Wheels are for sale: Volk Te37 Ultra w/ Michelin pilot sport 4s and TPMS 20x8.5 +36 5x114.3
navy5.jpg
navy3.jpg

I'm a somewhat new Model 3 owner and am considering new wheels for my next upgrade. Is there anything special about the Model 3 that prevents me from just buying any ol' set of wheels and slapping them on? Can the Model 3 TPMS be added to any set of wheels/tires? According to the manual it looks like I need wheels with a width of 8.5", is that correct?

I'm a somewhat new Model 3 owner and am considering new wheels for my next upgrade. Is there anything special about the Model 3 that prevents me from just buying any ol' set of wheels and slapping them on? Can the Model 3 TPMS be added to any set of wheels/tires? According to the manual it looks like I need wheels with a width of 8.5", is that correct?

depending on the model you have there's a center bore size difference, and wheels would either be that or a hub-centric ring is required. Some owners have mounted wheels without the hub ring, but most wheel dealers throw it in so I would rather use them than not.

DIY Ceramic Coat, Chrome Delete and got the new wheels on this week. Wheels are BC Forged TD02 19x10 ET35 in Matt Bronze with Bridgestone RE-71R 265/35/19. Car is P3D- "Stealth" at stock ride height. I had a really great experience purchasing these wheels from BC Forged through Paul at PK Auto Design, and I was able to customize every aspect of the wheel design including the profile for concavity and lip depth which was a really fun process.

Front 3 quarter back.jpg

Rear 3 quarter.jpg

Rear Low.jpg

Front 3 quarter close.jpg