Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see any reason why swap wheels, if not for lighter ones, that’s why fully forged is he way to go.

There's a combination of aesthetics (stance), cost, and function to consider. I went with 19" flow-formed wheels because I wanted wheels that were lighter than or just as light as the stock aeros, and to get the nice look of 19" wheels. But, at the time, I didn't want to fork out an additional grand for forged wheels only to shave another two lbs.

Reactions: pkalhan
I'm looking to get wheels/tires for my 3 soon. My stockers are just about fully worn out and I plan on saving my 18s for snow tired if/when I move back up north. So that means I want 19s or 20s with good summers on there. I'm considering these VMRs

VMR V801 19" Wheel/Tire Square Set for Tesla Model 3

Does anybody have pictures of these on their car? Preferably without a lowered suspension like this site picture shows.

Or, do I spend a grand more for these? Also, I'd love to know if anybody has them, and again pics w/o a lowered suspension

Vorsteiner V-FF 103 Tesla Model 3 20" Wheel Set

Reactions: gcmak

Attachments

• IMG_20190729_151204_208.jpg
    IMG_20190729_151204_208.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 911
I'm on a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. They are fine, but will not use them again.

Mind elaborating on why not wanting to use the Firehawk Indy 500s again as a street-only tire? I've only read countless good things about them (bang for buck anyway). No, they're not PS4S performance but they're well worth the performance for their price is my understanding, especially when using them as a street-only setup.

Mind elaborating on why not wanting to use the Firehawk Indy 500s again as a street-only tire? I've only read countless good things about them (bang for buck anyway). No, they're not PS4S performance but they're well worth the performance for their price is my understanding, especially when using them as a street-only setup.

They are definitely a good bang for your buck. However, I find them to be on the noisy side, and I'm having an issue with one of them always feeling out of balance. (I've had my set balanced multiple times). Overall, not impressed enough to keep buying them, and I look forward to replacing them.

Anyone want a good deal on a set of used tires? Lol

I'm looking to get wheels/tires for my 3 soon. My stockers are just about fully worn out and I plan on saving my 18s for snow tired if/when I move back up north. So that means I want 19s or 20s with good summers on there. I'm considering these VMRs

VMR V801 19" Wheel/Tire Square Set for Tesla Model 3

Does anybody have pictures of these on their car? Preferably without a lowered suspension like this site picture shows.

Or, do I spend a grand more for these? Also, I'd love to know if anybody has them, and again pics w/o a lowered suspension

Vorsteiner V-FF 103 Tesla Model 3 20" Wheel Set

I've got the 107s but they're probably virtually identical with the 103 in terms of weight just slightly different spoke structure. Very well-made, probably not as light as I would like but overall a very good value.
I am now looking at 18" O.Z. Ultraleggera , they are super light and come in 18X8 or 18X9. For a square setup, will 18X9 fit?
oz_ultraleggera_mblk_sr190.jpg

We had the sister wheel to that which was the OZ superleggera. It would not clear the performance brakes.

Mine is stealth, so should be OK.
9.5 width, better handle/look but lose some efficiency, right?

Loss of range or efficiency of course depends almost totally on Tire widths and rolling resistance. Width obviously impacts aerodynamic drag but it also tends to predict rolling resistance. There is probably a little bit of loss of aerodynamic efficiency of an Open Wheel compared to the Aero wheels so yes all those are factors. But for sure the car looks so much better with wider wheels and tires. Range be damned:p.

Reactions: HMRSKima and pobudz