Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations for a lightweight 18" similar to the Titan 7 T-S5 ? I was set to get Titan 7 T-S5 wheels in 18X8.5 in bronze, but was told by Evasive Motorsports they were never made due to lack of demand. I have been searching manufacturer's of wheels shown in pics on this thread, but most don't offer a design similar to the Titan T-S5 in an 18" size in bronze.....I guess my options would be to purchase the Titans and have them refinished or go up a size to 19". Thanks !

I have reduced the price on my sale of the Brixton RF7 wheels. Only 2 sets left. Click here for more info on specs/info.
48128256217_e1e814e084_k.jpg

48128253057_9ae2f1f0bb_k.jpg

Any recommendations for a lightweight 18" similar to the Titan 7 T-S5 ? I was set to get Titan 7 T-S5 wheels in 18X8.5 in bronze, but was told by Evasive Motorsports they were never made due to lack of demand. I have been searching manufacturer's of wheels shown in pics on this thread, but most don't offer a design similar to the Titan T-S5 in an 18" size in bronze.....I guess my options would be to purchase the Titans and have them refinished or go up a size to 19". Thanks !

You can check with @SignatureSales.

You can check with @SignatureSales.

You should also take a look at Speedwell Forged Monoblock Wheel

From my understanding, they're a fairly new company, and they appear to be trying to compete with the likes of Titan 7 and Ambit wheels for value-per-dollar lightweight fully forged wheels. They look like Titan 7s T-S5 but claim to be 1lb lighter.

You should also take a look at Speedwell Forged Monoblock Wheel

From my understanding, they're a fairly new company, and they appear to be trying to compete with the likes of Titan 7 and Ambit wheels for value-per-dollar lightweight fully forged wheels. They look like Titan 7s T-S5 but claim to be 1lb lighter.

I agree (and bought a set of the RS-1), but he was requesting 18" and Speedwell does not make that in Model 3 fitment right now. If he wants a great 19" wheel at Titan7 pricing, then Speedwell is the way to go.
Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3

Reactions: P-Lo801
@SD_Engnr and @P-Lo801 - Thanks for the Speedwell recommendation. I sent them an email asking what they are or would be offering in a Model 3 application for the RS-1. The website just has pre-order, but no sizing and weight specifications listed. I was looking for bronze wheels for my Blue P3D, so I'll most likely end up getting 19s now....Thanks again for your help !

I agree (and bought a set of the RS-1), but he was requesting 18" and Speedwell does not make that in Model 3 fitment right now. If he wants a great 19" wheel at Titan7 pricing, then Speedwell is the way to go.

I spoke with someone from speedwell and they mentioned plans of offering their RS-1 in 18s, but I didn't clarify if it would be in 18x8.5, so thanks for the heads up.

Also, wow how many sets of forged wheels do you have now? I'm assuming you're using the speedwells for track? What do you think of them compared to your SV103?

Hey everyone, looking to pull the trigger soon on my LR AWD order, and my plan was to buy aftermarket 19s for summer, and keep the stock aero 18s for my winter tires (I'm in Montreal).
Found a set of 19 x 8 that I really like (40 offset), and I'd like to put 245/40/19 rubber on them.
Since the stock Tesla 19" option is 19 x 8.5 with 235s, will 245s work with a 19 x 8 wheel on this car? 245 fit on a 8" wheel, but I'm more concerned that the stock is 8.5" with 235. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

@SD_Engnr and @P-Lo801 - Thanks for the Speedwell recommendation. I sent them an email asking what they are or would be offering in a Model 3 application for the RS-1. The website just has pre-order, but no sizing and weight specifications listed. I was looking for bronze wheels for my Blue P3D, so I'll most likely end up getting 19s now....Thanks again for your help !

Current available option is 19x9.5+35 in the gunmetal color from my post. Future color option may include a "Championship Gold", but that could take a while. I may have gone with that, but since I already have bronze for my daily's, I'm fine with the GM.

Future sizes are unknown, probably pending demand due to the required testing ($). I expressed interest in 18", but am fine with the 19s.

The weight is right at 20lbs.

Contact Sam at East End Raceshop: [email protected] or I can PM you their number.

Also, wow how many sets of forged wheels do you have now? I'm assuming you're using the speedwells for track? What do you think of them compared to your SV103?

Ha. Just two sets. Will be three if Tesla actually ships the referral wheels for the 3...

As for a comparison, overall, I like the look of the RS-1, but love the look of the SV103's. Probably has to do with the finish, and style of the Signature being a notch above the Speedwell.
Weight - due to the 10 spoke design, the Signature's are a tad (~4oz) heavier.
The RS-1 is not hubcentric, whereas Signature wheels are.

Overall, you can't beat the price of the RS-1, and they should get the job done for me at the track.

Worth noting - full packages are available through East End with tires/TPMS/gunmetal valvestems. I got a great price with RE71Rs mounted/balanced, but it probably makes more sense if you're local (SoCal) versus the added cost of shipping with tires mounted.

@SD_Engnr Thank you for mentioning us. We do offer 18" option for Tesla Model 3. Our wheel are hub-centric and fully customizable width and offset. The wheel only takes 4 weeks to build + 1 week to ship.

Here is an example of our SV502 in matte black.
Spec: 18x8.5 ET20 Square
Tire: MXM4 235/45/18
Weight: 18lbs each
66841153_922776988056098_1621060170933075968_n.jpg

67128115_484992865408309_2644843618245804032_n.jpg

And here is our SV104 which is similar design to the Titan T-S5, we can also build this wheel in 18inch Bronze finish.
53226201_2172474709458342_7279127181899333632_n.jpg

53381784_604888163310114_3019266660814028800_n.jpg

If you have any question, please feel free to email me: [email protected] or send me a message.

Can anyone help me with the specs for a concave look?

Based on what I learned having spent more than a month before finally deciding on my wheels, you will need at least a 9.5" width for a concave look for most brands, if the style permits. The offset actually has very little to do with it. Take my wheels as an example. They're 8.5" wide, so they're "semi-concave" at best.

MVIMG_20190708_164508.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
Based on what I learned having spent more than a month before finally deciding on my wheels, you will need at least a 9.5" width for a concave look for most brands, if the style permits. The offset actually has very little to do with it. Take my wheels as an example. They're 8.5" wide, so they're "semi-concave" at best.

View attachment 431157

Looks good!

Offset can affect concavity. The lower the offset, the further pushed out the wheel, and thus more opportunity for the concavity to change because now the mounting surface of the wheel is further from the face of the wheel.

Can anyone help me with the specs for a concave look?

8.5J ET24
9J ET30
9.5J ET35
10.5J ET40

The spec above will give you the most concavity with flush fitment. However, a lot of mass production wheel brand will eliminate the concavity because they want their wheel able to fit on various vehicle application, but not every car is create equal on their brake setup. Some may have larger, wider brake caliper and some don't. The way to save them time and money is to make the flat face profile so they can clear all types of brake system.

With Signature wheel, we have scanned+measured the wheel and brake system, which gives us an advantage to build the wheel with deepest concave while clearing the brake disc and caliper. Also, since all of our wheels are custom build, it can be direct bolt on on both non-performance and performance Model 3 with no hub-ring required.

View attachment 431157

The offset do affect a lot for the concavity, here is an video (Vertical) of the concavity on our 18x8.5J ET20 versus HRE FF01 19x8.5J ET47
Video : SV502
Video : FF01

Last edited:
Looks good!

Offset can affect concavity. The lower the offset, the further pushed out the wheel, and thus more opportunity for the concavity to change because now the mounting surface of the wheel is further from the face of the wheel.

The offset do affect a lot for the concavity, here is an video (Vertical) of the concavity on our 18x8.5J ET20 versus HRE FF01 19x8.5J ET47
Video : SV502
Video : FF01

Well then, I stand corrected. haha

I was under the impression that it was a combination of width and offset, with the width factoring in the most. I was mostly going by my wheel manufacturer's website because they categorized "concave" wheels based on width and not offsets.

Capture.JPG