Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: enemji
ADVAN / BBS

20240504_102608.jpg

This calculator is pretty good -> willtheyfit.com

Sized mine based on the popular spacer setup 15mm front 20mm rear with stock 9x20" et34 wheels.

Excuse the dirty car, this is 9x20 et 18f 22r with 235 Michelin T0 spec. No rubbing and no tire thread showing from above.

Make sure to make your own calculations, YMMW and there's nothing that can't be improved 😅

View attachment 1044761
You're pretty spot on with this stance.

-Danny

Reactions: Kvitravn
I have a 2024 M3P on order and I realize that they use lower profile tires. We'll be doing a cross country trip later this year and I'm looking to replace the wheels with smaller rims that have more sidewall. The car is coming with staggered tires: front=235/35R20 and rear=275/30R20. So I have a couple questions.

1) How important is it that I buy tires that keep the staggered layout? (wider in the back)
2) Is it good enough just to buy Tesla 18" photon wheels (used for the SR and LR) and slap those on there during the trip?

I have a 2024 M3P on order and I realize that they use lower profile tires. We'll be doing a cross country trip later this year and I'm looking to replace the wheels with smaller rims that have more sidewall. The car is coming with staggered tires: front=235/35R20 and rear=275/30R20. So I have a couple questions.

1) How important is it that I buy tires that keep the staggered layout? (wider in the back)
2) Is it good enough just to buy Tesla 18" photon wheels (used for the SR and LR) and slap those on there during the trip?
what is the track width front & rear? That will help to understand how you can go for a square setup

1) Most of our clients with Model Y Performance (21" staggered) downsize to either 19/20" square setup. Most current M3P owners ditch the flying saucers for 18/19" square setups. This results in a more comfortable ride and makes tire rotations possible.

2) OEM Tesla 18" wheels may not clear the brakes of M3P. At least in the Gen.1 cars. Ultimately, we will have to wait and see.

3) We have aftermarket options that are direct plug and play and ready to go. Feel free to reach out via email or message here.

Regards,
Danny - [email protected]

1) Most of our clients with Model Y Performance (21" staggered) downsize to either 19/20" square setup. Most current M3P owners ditch the flying saucers for 18/19" square setups. This results in a more comfortable ride and makes tire rotations possible.

2) OEM Tesla 18" wheels may not clear the brakes of M3P. At least in the Gen.1 cars. Ultimately, we will have to wait and see.

3) We have aftermarket options that are direct plug and play and ready to go. Feel free to reach out via email or message here.

Regards,
Danny - [email protected]
Thanks for the info/recommendation. Have you guys already measured out the calipers and compared against your available wheels? Sounds like I'll probably follow suit and go square. I'll keep you in mind if I have to go aftermarket!

Reactions: enemji and MODEL+
Thanks for the info/recommendation. Have you guys already measured out the calipers and compared against your available wheels? Sounds like I'll probably follow suit and go square. I'll keep you in mind if I have to go aftermarket!
Our Highland M3P is expected delivery in June, so no, not yet lol.

Adaptive suspension aside, I suspect the key braking and suspension components will be carried over.

-Danny

Finally got my efficiency setup for my incoming 2024 Model 3 Performance. 20x9.0 T Sportline TSA-5 wheels with 235/35/20 Hankook iON EVO AS tires in square setup. Efficiency is pretty incredible with these tires and the Aero covers.View attachment 1045201View attachment 1045202
Do they not have those in 19"? That sucks. And it looks like the aero covers look different now.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Do we know the full specs of the current M3P wheel setup? 235/35/20 front, what's the offset and width? I'm assuming it's still 5x114.3 bolt pattern? What's the wheel width, 8.5? The back is 275/30/20? Offset? Width, 9.5?

I need to plan for upgrades and see if I can still use my current 245/40/19 wheels in the winter and then get something to replace the stagger setup for the summer.

EDIT: After doing some calculations, it looks good. I might just need to get 2 spacers for the rear wheels so they stay flushed with the car body.

Last edited: