Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the t-sportsline rep here? Looking at the TS5 19". For that rim, even though it is 19"x8.5, can I install the 245/40/19 tires on that? Or anyone else that knows the answer, thanks.
Nah they not here... but I'm here! 😅

245/40/19 is a slightly upsized tire that will give you more sidewall for comfortability and curb protection.

Thanks again for your order! Excited for you to receive your new wheel setup 👌

Danny

I replaced my aero 18 inch wheels and tires with Martian 19 inch wheels with Yokohama tires and it looks awesome. Tesla guys here in Virginia Beach said they had never seen these wheels and talked for about 10 minutes raving about how light they were. The one tech said that when he pulls wheels out of boxes he usually uses two hands because of the weight and he could not believe how light these were. Can’t wait to see what it does with my performance. It’s amazing that 19 inch wheels are that much lighter than the 18 inch Aeros.

Attachments

• 5B4CEC49-9734-4369-8CEE-69FDED5A016A.jpeg
    5B4CEC49-9734-4369-8CEE-69FDED5A016A.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 342
Avant Garde 19" M652 wheels, 275/35 Rear, 245/40 front - 19X9.5 ET40, 19X8.5 ET35 is what I have on mine. No rubbing. Looks great, drives very well, but moderate hit to range.
Just ordered a M3 Performance (AWD). Any thoughts on this setup since you've had it for a while now? Those are the exact wheels I want, I'm just trying to decide if it's best to run them staggered like you or square with spacers in the rear. Couldn't figure out how to message you so apologies, new to the forum.

Hi folks.

I have a M3 2021 LR with the 18" Aeros on order which will probably get delivered in the next 2-3 weeks (bay area) and debating to switch to the 19" sport wheels. I normally would've ordered the 19" ones but the new design just seems kinda ugly, so I went with the 18".

I previously owned a BMW 4-series with M-Sport package and really care about the handling of the car (like cornering, grip etc.) and generally drive "spirited" but not crazy.

I'm still debating between the following options:
1. Stay with the 18" Aeros and hope the handling isn't too bad
2. Update order to 19" ones ($1500) and live with the so-so design, but get better handling out of the box
3. Stay with the 18"-ones, sell them immediately and buy aftermarket 19" wheels + tires from tsportline (probably these ones) Tesla Model 3 Wheels-19" TST Tesla Wheel and Tire Package (Set of 4) - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories - (~$3000)

Has anyone debated this as well and has an opinion on this?
Also has anyone experience how the 19" tesla OEM wheels handle compared to 19" tsportline wheels?
You could get the Martian 19 inch wheels which are actually lighter than the 18 inch Aeros. The force aluminum is a winner.

Go for aftermarket, but don't buy tsportlines. Their logo is embossed on the side, and it's not a name brand.

You can buy whatever you want aftermarket, here's the specs for the rims:

Here's what I got for my car. flowforged 19" in hyper silver. same weight as the aero 18" rims. I asked for a bit more offset. The mfg cuts rims to whatever spec you ask for. If I had to do it again I'd move it out another 10mm

ps: If you want tire options, try this page: Best Tesla Model 3 compatible tires compared using Tire Rack and Tyre Reviews

View attachment 616192
Martian 19 inch wheels, they are lighter than the arrows and look great

Attachments

• 3F3D2F14-4F20-4602-86D4-3AFF0C6247AB.jpeg
    3F3D2F14-4F20-4602-86D4-3AFF0C6247AB.jpeg
    450.7 KB · Views: 261
I have a black M3P 2021 with 20” ubër wheels w/ h&r spacers 5mmFear:14mmRear. I’m lowered 2 finger gap w/ MPP coils.
My plan is to go with Avant Garde m590 in Bronze 19x9.5 +40 squared 245/40/19 Michelin AS4. I skimmed through 178 pages but

-will this fit my performance M3? (I read my rotors are different)
-will 3mm and/or 5mm make the front and rear flush. Can I go bigger?
-will my lugs nuts fit these wheels?
-are 2021 tpms sourced only from tesla?

-anyone know a good site or source here I can grab these in bronze?

Thanks in advance!

I have a black M3P 2021 with 20” ubër wheels w/ h&r spacers 5mmFear:14mmRear. I’m lowered 2 finger gap w/ MPP coils.
My plan is to go with Avant Garde m590 in Bronze 19x9.5 +40 squared 245/40/19 Michelin AS4. I skimmed through 178 pages but

-will this fit my performance M3? (I read my rotors are different)
-will 3mm and/or 5mm make the front and rear flush. Can I go bigger?
-will my lugs nuts fit these wheels?
-are 2021 tpms sourced only from tesla?

-anyone know a good site or source here I can grab these in bronze?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I believe you purchased spacers from us. If you did, I'd like to say thank you!
Guess what else we sell? Avante Garde Wheels AND Tesla Factory Bluetooth TPMS ;)

To answer your question:
19x9.5 +40 may be too close on the suspension arm side. Not to mention, the fitment won't be that great with that spec on a M3P.

Please message me and I'll get you sorted out for everything that you need!

Danny

2020 Model 3 Performance.

I really like the look of Zero-G wheels, but don’t love the $5500 price from Tesla, and I understand that they are relatively heavy. Also seem difficult to find used, though I may keep looking.

Tsportline has the TS5 wheels which look pretty similar, and are pretty inexpensive. I was thinking about getting the 20” wheels, but am wondering if I may be better off with the 19” version.

I doubt I’ll be doing any track events, maybe an autocross every once in a blue moon. So the car is pretty much street driven only, in OC (SoCal), so the roads are decent and I don’t really worry too much about damaging the wheels. Of course, it is still a possibility.

The 19” wheels would provide a little bit more protection against potholes, etc. More tire should make for a more comfortable ride (my wife has complained that the ride is a bit harsh for a sedan). The weight is a little less (25 lbs vs 26.3 for the 20”, vs 28.75 for the stock M3P wheels).

Not sure how much of a performance difference there would be with the wider sidewalls, but in reality, does it really matter if it’s a street driven car?

Any reason to go for the 20” over 19” for a street car?

Any reason to keep looking for a used set of genuine Zero-G wheels or to spend the money to get them new from Tesla?

2020 Model 3 Performance.

I really like the look of Zero-G wheels, but don’t love the $5500 price from Tesla, and I understand that they are relatively heavy. Also seem difficult to find used, though I may keep looking.

Tsportline has the TS5 wheels which look pretty similar, and are pretty inexpensive. I was thinking about getting the 20” wheels, but am wondering if I may be better off with the 19” version.

I doubt I’ll be doing any track events, maybe an autocross every once in a blue moon. So the car is pretty much street driven only, in OC (SoCal), so the roads are decent and I don’t really worry too much about damaging the wheels. Of course, it is still a possibility.

The 19” wheels would provide a little bit more protection against potholes, etc. More tire should make for a more comfortable ride (my wife has complained that the ride is a bit harsh for a sedan). The weight is a little less (25 lbs vs 26.3 for the 20”, vs 28.75 for the stock M3P wheels).

Not sure how much of a performance difference there would be with the wider sidewalls, but in reality, does it really matter if it’s a street driven car?

Any reason to go for the 20” over 19” for a street car?

Any reason to keep looking for a used set of genuine Zero-G wheels or to spend the money to get them new from Tesla?

When you can get forged wheels for basically what Tesla is charging for flow formed it's not even a serious choice. And they're even flow formed wheels that are significantly lighter than those in the 20 by 9 size. So I think Tesla really laid an egg with their zero g referral Wheels. Indeed the whole track pack is kind of a joke compared to what you can put together on your own for less money. Surf on over to get your wheels.com and look at vs forged in the selector box for wheel brand. There are a host of styles and I think there is one that looks a lot like zero-g. It will weigh eight pounds less and probably cost about the same. I hate to see people waste their money when there's so many good options and reasonably priced forged wheels for around six hundred bucks a corner from several vendors. Josh at get your wheels.com also is highly responsible and confidence and will give you a really good package and good service.

Last edited: