Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aggregating supercharger occupancy data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now that the API is able to provide information about the occupancy of nearby superchargers, will sites like TeslaFi will aggregate the occupancy data and create trend graphs for various chargers? If it was an opt in thing, I would certainly tick the checkbox.

Reactions: Zaxxon
@wk057 was doing that from the in-car API until Tesla contacted him and asked him to stop. (Or at least stop sharing it publically.)

I suspect that Tesla doesn't want to share that information with competitors, vandals, etc. So I wouldn't expect Tesla to look kindly on that if someone where to reverse engineer it and started to harvest the data.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
@wk057 was doing that from the in-car API until Tesla contacted him and asked him to stop. (Or at least stop sharing it publically.)

I suspect that Tesla doesn't want to share that information with competitors, vandals, etc. So I wouldn't expect Tesla to look kindly on that if someone where to reverse engineer it and started to harvest the data.
That was a while back before they put it in the remote API. I hope it would be ok for limited access sites like TeslaFi to make use of the data, that way only people with login info (generally just Tesla owners) can see it.

Usage charts. Yet another feature ChargePoint has had in their app for a long time now. Unfortunately even if they did include that in the app who know's whether the charts would be useful. There's a growing list of complaints from owners being charged idle fees for failure to unplug from a location. Tesla says the supercharger was over 50% capacity. The owners, myself included, say the site never came close to 50%.

Tesla's failure to reliably display real time availability at superchargers and the ruining of S&X MCU functions both in vehicle and via mobile app I'm really beginning to have my doubts as to the competence of their software engineering team. I guess fart noises and horny campfires are the best they can do these days.

Reactions: HankLloydRight