Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im thinking this is a service call. Hoping a member can test to make sure its not how its supposed to function.

This happens more apparently when the car is hot.

so turning the thermostat all the way to low from a normal temperature will increase the fan and cooling. It will work fine for 3-5 minutes, then it will hiccup essentially and all hvac will reset. The hiccup/reset takes only maybe 5 seconds.

originally had this happen when it got really hot in the summer, but i ignored it as it wasnt repeatable.

can someone test their 3 and see if it does the same thing?

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
I think its a software glitch native to AUTO temp control. The car will cool the cabin down to the designated temp. Then when the cabin dips below that temp, the heater kicks on to bring it back up to the set temperature. Rinse and repeat

I first noticed this when I left my dog in the car, climate control set to dog mode. At one point, I noticed the heater had kicked on when the interior temp got one degree below my designated temp. The work around to this is, manually set a low temp and fan speed, then the "dumb" climate control won't try to heat the cabin back up to your set temperature.

Reactions: beachmiles