Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension needs service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my brand new X100D yesterday.

After 50 miles, I charged it last night. Then this morning I saw "Air Suspension needs service - Contact Tesla Service" message on my dashboard.

Started the car (without driving the car), the message went away. I played around the air suspension setting. It seems to work fine.

Then in the afternoon after charging, saw the same message again. repeated the same step described above, the message went away again. I immediately changed the air suspension setting to "Standard" and disable "automatically lower suspense at XX speed to "NEVER"". Drove 30 miles afterward. No message. Everything seems to work fine.

Contacted my delivery manager and waiting for response.

Did anyone experience this?

Thanks

I've had this exact issue twice over a period of 3 months. However in my case, I wasn't able to raise or lower the suspension for a brief period of time.

The first time it lasted a few minutes and the 2nd time it lasted over 10 minutes. Both times, it cleared itself but I did call my SC after it cleared and they pushed an OTA update the next day, so it may have been software related (who knows).

SC claimed that there was nothing in my logs to indicate an issue either time.

I'm having my 1 year check-up in a few weeks, so I'm asking them to have a better look at it then.

I have seen this message after replacing the shock absorber. I was told it was bc the vehicle air compressor is pretty small and it only pushes a small amount of air so it needed to cycle several times before pushing enough air to inflate the shock enough to operate properly.

That said, I'm wondering if bc your vehicle was so new that it needed to push more air into the shock. Just a thought...

I have seen this message after replacing the shock absorber. I was told it was bc the vehicle air compressor is pretty small and it only pushes a small amount of air so it needed to cycle several times before pushing enough air to inflate the shock enough to operate properly.

That said, I'm wondering if bc your vehicle was so new that it needed to push more air into the shock. Just a thought...
The first time I had this issue was 6 months into ownership, so I don't think it's related.

After rebooting the dashboard computer and center console per service center suggestion, it still does not work.

Like yours, once I started the car the message went away. I can replicate the result every time I got the message

Since you got the same message after update, maybe software related.

I have an appointment with the service center tomorrow. Will update

After rebooting the dashboard computer and center console per service center suggestion, it still does not work.

Like yours, once I started the car the message went away. I can replicate the result every time I got the message

Since you got the same message after update, maybe software related.

I have an appointment with the service center tomorrow. Will update

Thanks.
Do you know if it is ok to drive with that message?

Thanks.
Do you know if it is ok to drive with that message?
I did drive the car. Over 4 trips and 200 miles. Everything seems to be ok. I was able to raise and lower the suspension (i can see the actual motion) without any issue

Of course, if you worry, you should make an appointment right away. Meanwhile, you may want to set the suspension to Standard and deacticate "adjust speed" so that the suspense never get lower at higher speed

I just started receiving the same Air Suspension needs service messages yesterday after receiving the latest software 17.24.28 after X in for service. But it could be coincidence. Message goes away after car starts. Same behaviour in that suspension seems to function correctly.

I received my brand new X100D yesterday.

After 50 miles, I charged it last night. Then this morning I saw "Air Suspension needs service - Contact Tesla Service" message on my dashboard.

Started the car (without driving the car), the message went away. I played around the air suspension setting. It seems to work fine.

Then in the afternoon after charging, saw the same message again. repeated the same step described above, the message went away again. I immediately changed the air suspension setting to "Standard" and disable "automatically lower suspense at XX speed to "NEVER"". Drove 30 miles afterward. No message. Everything seems to work fine.

Contacted my delivery manager and waiting for response.

Did anyone experience this?

Thanks
Same here, only has this babe for 4 days. It's likely to be software issue. I am writing to my tech now. This type of car is a 4-wheeler smartphone anything can happen.