Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air valve question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just replaced my rear air suspensions on a 2016 model s 90D and the right side fits well but the left side, the air valve doesnt fit into the suspension. Left side(4mm) seems to be a lot smaller than the right side(5mm). I see a lot of valves on amazon, would any of them fit? Already tried the brass fittings from RMT.
IMG_2530.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 6
Just replaced my rear air suspensions on a 2016 model s 90D and the right side fits well but the left side, the air valve doesnt fit into the suspension. Left side(4mm) seems to be a lot smaller than the right side(5mm). I see a lot of valves on amazon, would any of them fit? Already tried the brass fittings from RMT.View attachment 1054148

Since your car has TAS you have no valves on the struts.

Normally the struts come with a new fitting already installed on the strut since it's a quick connect and one time use. Normally the struts rear left and right are identical same goes for the connectors and air hose diameter

Screenshot_20240606_192038_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0
Since your car has TAS you have no valves on the struts.

Normally the struts come with a new fitting already installed on the strut since it's a quick connect and one time use. Normally the struts rear left and right are identical same goes for the connectors and air hose diameter

View attachment 1054159
For some reason my left side was a lot smaller than the right side and the struts I ordered didn’t come with the piece

Upvote 0
Yeah already tried that connector, doesn’t fit properly and pops out
You mean the air line pops out, not the brass fitting. All you need to do is make a new clean cut of the line. Make sure you use proper cutters vs normal diag pliers or scissors. What’s happening is that the barbs on the collar aren’t catching/grabbing the line prob because it’s been compressed so much already. You can also manually bend the collar out a bit.

Upvote 0