Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airbag light...tripometer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week my 12V went out. Service replaced it while I was on a road trip. About an hour away from service the airbag light on the IC came on and 1700 miles later it’s still there. 4 reboots. Still there.

then after 629 miles both trip A and B stopped working. At all. I can’t reset them. The main odo works ok...and my energy consumption stopped calculating as well. Could it all be a result of the new 12V (I should add that it was put in during the global outage last week and software pushed later) or is this the Emmc kicking the bucket.

Last week my 12V went out. Service replaced it while I was on a road trip. About an hour away from service the airbag light on the IC came on and 1700 miles later it’s still there. 4 reboots. Still there.

then after 629 miles both trip A and B stopped working. At all. I can’t reset them. The main odo works ok...and my energy consumption stopped calculating as well. Could it all be a result of the new 12V (I should add that it was put in during the global outage last week and software pushed later) or is this the Emmc kicking the bucket.

strange , not heard of those specific issues before. have you tried the various forms of resets ?
scroll wheel for mcu , buttons above scroll wheel for odo display ?
disconnecting 12v for a few minutes ?

I've experienced some unexplainable oddities whenever my 12v has gone out or been replaced. Once, my HV pack left me stranded on the side of the road 6.5 miles from the next Supercharger with 13 miles showing on the display and zero warning. As a result, the 12v died (not completely but was replaced about a month later under warranty as what I believe is tied to this) though and a few hundred miles of driving later I had my jack mode light come on at 80mph on the highway. According to the owner's manual this isn't possible. It also affected nothing with the car itself. It was quite literally just the warning light that came on for like an hour or so and then... nothing. Went away as mysteriously as it came on and never came back again.

I think this can happen whenever your 12v is interrupted for whatever reason. That said, I would click the bug report and schedule maintenance. Best case they remote in and fix it remotely. Worst case it's a failing eMMC and you get it either replaced or on record if you're in any sort of warranty. I also wouldn't trust it for any longer trips out into nowhere in the meantime, obviously.

Are you having any other mcu oddities? Takes a long time to boot or random reboots?
I just had my emmc replaced. It would reboot every time I clicked on the trip icon. Also when I tried to access Spotify. I seem to recall my airbag light acting funny too.
I haven't had my 12v replaced so I can't speak to that, but when the emmc kicked the bucket that mcu was doing all kinds of crazy stuff.
Best of luck!
I hope it gets resolved quickly and easily

When we left two weeks ago we were just about a mile from the first super and the mcu rebooted itself three times in a row...by the time we got to the super it was back up and functioning again. Got to the super and it wouldn’t charge. Don’t remember the exact wording something about won’t dc fast charge. I manually hard rebooted and it worked just fine. Drove the 1700 miles to my moms place straight shot (had a death in the family) got to my moms trickle charged for a couple days and my hubby got up early one morning to go for a quick hike for exercise and the 12V light was on. I drove straight to service to get replaced.

after that now it takes a LOOONG time to
Boot up when it’s been sleeping and...had to reboot it many many times when trying to route us to chargers etc. (I’m in the camp of stop more often for 10 minutes than drive far and charge for an hour (I’m lookin at you Tesla nav)) and then several random reboots on it’s own.

I’m home now and have scheduled service three weeks out. No biggie here if something happens I’m 15 miles from service and can have it towed if necessary and no planned going anywhere other than the grocery store.

That sounds very much like a failing emmc to me. Hopefully they order the daughterboard now so unlike me, they won't need to keep your car for 3 weeks waiting for it to come in.
Have you got a text from them confirming your service appt? I would suggest that you reply and ask them to order the board now. With how many of them have been going out recently, they may have them on hand.
Good luck!

(I’m lookin at you Tesla nav)
can't believe I'm saying this considering how many times they claimed waypoints were coming but this latest time I believe it. I will use waypoints extensively for more fast charges especially considering Nav doesn't take batterygate and chargegate into account so more stops can make a bigger difference than ever. I currently have to manually change nav endpoint to shorter chargers, and lose the overall trip in favor of faster charging.

can't believe I'm saying this considering how many times they claimed waypoints were coming but this latest time I believe it. I will use waypoints extensively for more fast charges especially considering Nav doesn't take batterygate and chargegate into account so more stops can make a bigger difference than ever. I currently have to manually change nav endpoint to shorter chargers, and lose the overall trip in favor of faster charging.
Has Tesla officially said waypoints were coming? I've heard quite the opposite in fact from Elon's mouth that he wanted AI to be so smart that the car would just know where you wanted to go and wouldn't need waypoints which is just idiotic IMO. No way in my lifetime can my car ever know I'm taking a random trip to Texas or Tennessee. That's just absurd but it's the statement I've heard his highness make as to why waypoints aren't a thing on Tesla navigation when it's been a thing in every other GPS based navigation for over a decade.