Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert: Adding FSD before delivery bumps the price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I got my VIN yesterday. My bank said they could only loan out the amount that's on the purchase agreement. I'm planning to buy FSD so-called Tesla and asked them to add FSD. They said sure and added it. Even after 1 hr, it didn't show up on my account so called them back. After talking I got to know that when they added FSD, the latest price was applied which is $3.5k more than when I ordered. I was super pissed and kind of lost my temper. Fortunately, they were able to reverse my change since it wasn't executed yet. Will buy FSD with a credit card later instead of paying $3.5k more now.

Reactions: voxel
Hi,

I got my VIN yesterday. My bank said they could only loan out the amount that's on the purchase agreement. I'm planning to buy FSD so-called Tesla and asked them to add FSD. They said sure and added it. Even after 1 hr, it didn't show up on my account so called them back. After talking I got to know that when they added FSD, the latest price was applied which is $3.5k more than when I ordered. I was super pissed and kind of lost my temper. Fortunately, they were able to reverse my change since it wasn't executed yet. Will buy FSD with a credit card later instead of paying $3.5k more now.
I would rather go with a subscription model and if you don't plan for a long trip you could potentially cancel and resubscribe later

Upvote 0
Hi,

You’ll be glad they cancelled. It’s not worth $10K.

Try the subscription for a month and you’ll be over it.

Upvote 0
Hi,

If you add it after, make sure you add it to your insurance (I don't know the exact method for this). If your car gets totaled, the original order won't have the FSD listed and the payout will be less that.

Upvote 0