Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert pop-up won't go away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No popup this morning. Fingers crossed.

Interestingly, this nonsense started exactly three months after I got the car and after I got (and declined) the first EAP trial offer.
FYI, this morning a new alert screen appeared on my M3. It asked me if I wanted to accept or decline the EAP. I accepted. I am not sure if its because for the last four mornings I have done a re-boot or what but the screen has gone away without re-boot today. I hope it does not come up tomorrow. In anycase I contacted the Cleveland SC and told them the screen had disappeared. They took notes so they could tell other frustrated owners.

FYI, this morning a new alert screen appeared on my M3. It asked me if I wanted to accept or decline the EAP. I accepted. I am not sure if its because for the last four mornings I have done a re-boot or what but the screen has gone away without re-boot today. I hope it does not come up tomorrow. In anycase I contacted the Cleveland SC and told them the screen had disappeared. They took notes so they could tell other frustrated owners.

Same here. I had the chance to accept or decline a 30 day trial. I hit accept, but I haven't been out for a drive. However, it let me configure my NOA and Summon functions in-car, so I guess it's working. Weird just because I already had a 30 day trial. I wonder if there's a temporary price-break on the whole thing again, too.

Same here. I had the chance to accept or decline a 30 day trial. I hit accept, but I haven't been out for a drive. However, it let me configure my NOA and Summon functions in-car, so I guess it's working. Weird just because I already had a 30 day trial. I wonder if there's a temporary price-break on the whole thing again, too.

Was your original trial before NoA was made available? If so, people on Twitter convinced Elon that they should do another round of trials now that NoA was available.

Was your original trial before NoA was made available? If so, people on Twitter convinced Elon that they should do another round of trials now that NoA was available.

Nope, it was just after V9 was released. So it really seems like this is their "Fix" to get that screen to stop showing up every morning. I've also confirmed the purchase price has dropped back to $5,500 if I want to buy it.

On my 2022 Model Y, I fixed this problem by clicking the down arrow [ or carot ] on "Allow Autopilot Analytics & Improvements" and then unchecekd the “ask before each drive” box. IMHO This tick box should be in the main popup menu - - not buried in menu options.

Found this hunting pecking through the popup window options - - not sure how to get this to Tesla. Their Customer Support did not have this in their 'solutions grab bag'.

Attachments

• SCRN-CAP_Tesla-Data-Sharing-Popup.jpg
    SCRN-CAP_Tesla-Data-Sharing-Popup.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 33