Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment when stock. What’s adjusted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly is being adjusted on the model 3/y when it is brought in for an alignment. I am not referring to a modified car, but just a normal stock 3/y.

From my understanding, at the front, toe can be adjusted at tie rods. Camber none. Caster none. Is that right?

At the rear, I need to look at closer, but is there anything? It doesn’t appear so from a quick look.

Does this mean an alignment is getting your front toe back in check and resetting steering angle?

Yeah, pretty much just front toe.

Front camber and caster are adjustable but only very slightly so they won't bother. Rear adjustments are pretty crude where they just loosen the bolts and wiggle things until they are better, and only if absolutely necessary (a value out of range).

The steering angle can be viewed and/or reset in service mode. If you setup service mode for them they can use that instead of eyeballing the wheel.

Front camber and caster are adjustable but only very slightly so they won't bother. Rear adjustments are pretty crude where they just loosen the bolts and wiggle things until they are better, and only if absolutely necessary (a value out of range).

The steering angle can be viewed and/or reset in service mode. If you setup service mode for them they can use that instead of eyeballing the wheel.
Ok ya that’s what I thought. Another thing I don’t need tesla service for luckily.

Rear toe is adjusted via cammed bolt. See link below