Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I'd provide a summary of my recent experience to anyone considering using the valet service at Toronto's Pearson Airport. (Note: This is not for Park n' Fly)

First, you can reserve a spot at any official Greater Toronto Airport Authority parking lot online through the GTAA.com. The rates are supposed to be the same with it being a convenience not to fill paperwork on the spot. However, my online quote in advance was $50 less than what the math said it should be. There is a $25 flat valet fee plus $40 per day (four days) which should have equaled $185. My online quote was $135. The daily rate is not pro-rated and it should always be a multiplier of $40 and then the $25 valet fee. So, $50 is an odd difference and I can't see any rhyme or reason to it.

By the time I finally decided to reserve online, I discovered you must order at least 12-hour prior to your departure. That is something last minute shoppers like myself should be aware of.

You can also look for other promotions. American Express cards waive the valet fee and certain Westjet flights get a discount if you show the boarding pass.

Dropping off the car was super smooth. You can't get any closer to check-in which is great carrying heavy bags. They open at 4am and the guy inspired confidence. He explained the process and was prepared to answer any questions.

For electric cars, they make note of your return flight and plug the car 24-hours before your arrival. They can also move the car to another terminal if you don't fly back to the same one. That was good for me since my flights were on different airlines.

While away, I randomly checked the app. The car was in 'Valet Mode' and it was reassuring to see it not on a joy ride. I was able to confirm they plugged the car prior to my arrival and was full when I returned.

There were some anomalies when I picked up the car.

My ticket rang in at $0 payment. The cashier had to call a supervisor to figure out how to handle it. After 15-minutes, they rang it through as a "Lost Ticket" at the anticipated $185. I asked for a discount since the delay spoiled the entire convenience of valet. I was not thrilled when that meant another call to the supervisor. Fortunately, a more experienced service representative walked in at the right time and said to give me two days free. Yay!

After I drove away, I discovered something wrong with my sound system. I tried to make a call and had complete silence despite the bluetooth phone's successful connection. When I gave up on that, I found the entire sound system broken (no radio, MP3, etc). I could change stations and adjust volume on the display but no sound came out of the speakers. I rebooted the car on the road and everything went back to normal.

I wonder if there was a reason for that. For example, Does the sound system disable if maxed out in valet mode? Perhaps to prevent valets from abusing the car and hosting dance partays?

I also discovered a long red hair in my passenger seat. I'm bald and my girlfriend has black hair. This all probably means nothing but one will always wonder when one's car is left in the care of other people.

In summary, I was happy with the overall valet experience at GTAA. I'd use it again if I arrive to the airport with a dead battery, a lot of bags, and a client willing to pay for the difference in parking.

I live 2 and 1/2 hours North so I have to park the car, a cab is not feasible. Used the Park n Fly valet. Like here, you get a considerable discount if you print off the discount and take it with you. Do not have to call ahead at all. Service was great. Car was charged for us. And like you, I used my phone to check up on my baby from away.

I live 2 and 1/2 hours North so I have to park the car, a cab is not feasible. Used the Park n Fly valet. Like here, you get a considerable discount if you print off the discount and take it with you. Do not have to call ahead at all. Service was great. Car was charged for us. And like you, I used my phone to check up on my baby from away.

Can you post more detail on the park n fly? Do you pull up to a charger and plug in and it sits plugged in the whole time? Or do you leave keys and they juggle cars around? I'm flying out of pearson in July and would like more info if you can provide.
Thanks

Can you post more detail on the park n fly? Do you pull up to a charger and plug in and it sits plugged in the whole time? Or do you leave keys and they juggle cars around? I'm flying out of pearson in July and would like more info if you can provide.
Thanks
At the Park N Fly Valet lot, you leave your fob in the car. I also leave the J1772 adapter in plain sight. I ask the attendants about their knowledge of Teslas every time I go there - and they have always known what to do. At some point in your stay, they will move your car to the EVSE and charge you up. I've used them 5-6 times and they have always charged me up. My adapter has been moved, but is always in the car.

When you register, the first time (at the machine) will ask for your "make, model, and plate", and there is no Tesla option - so I'm driving a red Toyota with green plates....

I've used the App to warm the car up upon landing. I call Park N Fly to get my car ready when I'm at the baggage claim, and it's always there when I get to the depot.

I have heard that others have requested a charge the day before they return - I haven't - but I believe they will do it

At the Park N Fly Valet lot, you leave your fob in the car. I also leave the J1772 adapter in plain sight. I ask the attendants about their knowledge of Teslas every time I go there - and they have always known what to do. At some point in your stay, they will move your car to the EVSE and charge you up. I've used them 5-6 times and they have always charged me up. My adapter has been moved, but is always in the car.

When you register, the first time (at the machine) will ask for your "make, model, and plate", and there is no Tesla option - so I'm driving a red Toyota with green plates....

I've used the App to warm the car up upon landing. I call Park N Fly to get my car ready when I'm at the baggage claim, and it's always there when I get to the depot.

I have heard that others have requested a charge the day before they return - I haven't - but I believe they will do it

Ok. So you need to do valet for park n fly as well? Or do you just choose to and I can do economy or self-park?