Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put this here for fun:
He's a hilarious stan who doesn't even realize the irony of his statements. But I had the exact same thought when I read Rawlinson's quote -- that they're slipping first deliveries into 2022. Internally I'm sure they still plan to deliver a few cars this year, but the lawyers have seen how they are progressing (or not) against the schedule and told them to back away from their 2021 delivery claim.

Reactions: mark95476
It was always going to be a trade off. Tesla probably couldn't have been competitive in the Chinese market without a factory in country.
in fact, its truer than you may actually know.

(to do business in china as an electric car company, you DO need to meet certain requirements by the chinese govt. nothing tesla would say would change that; they play by china rules or they dont get to enter china. its that kind of hardball, sigh.)

the telemetry that they MUST send to the china govt, on china sold cars, is also scary. again, all vendors must comply, no exceptions.

Michael Klein founder of the CCIV Spac and the Saudi PiF own a large chunk of CCIV shares. Probably only need 1 or 2 other institutional investors to vote Yes. I can't imagine them holding the vote if they were not sure of the outcome. The later CCIV institutional shareholders paid $15/share. CCIV is currently worth $23.43 with the merger assumed to be happening.

I can't see it not going through.

Tesla raising base price of Model S to $85k(Air base price $77.4k before incentives) and cancelling Plaid really helps Lucid.

Opening the Supercharger network to all BEVs or just big batteried fast charging BEVs also helps to Lucid.

Michael Klein founder of the CCIV Spac and the Saudi PiF own a large chunk of CCIV shares. Probably only need 1 or 2 other institutional investors to vote Yes. I can't imagine them holding the vote if they were not sure of the outcome. The later CCIV institutional shareholders paid $15/share. CCIV is currently worth $23.43 with the merger assumed to be happening.

Tesla raising base price of Model S to $85k(Air base price $77.4k before incentives) and cancelling Plaid really helps Lucid.

Opening the Supercharger network to all BEVs or just big batteried fast charging BEVs also helps to Lucid.

This might be true but the Lucid Air Touring at $85k after tax incentives is lacking performance vs the Model S Long Range. It is significantly slower with a 11.3s 1/4 mile vs the Tesla running 10.8sec.

Do anyone of you guys are planning on getting a Lucid Air?

This might be true but the Lucid Air Touring at $85k after tax incentives is lacking performance vs the Model S Long Range. It is significantly slower with a 11.3s 1/4 mile vs the Tesla running 10.8sec.

Lucid Air is unproven. Its offering doesn't separate itself from Tesla offering. I'll wait for some customer feedback before considering.

Did it got pushed to tomorrow?

• Informative
Reactions: mark95476
CCIV shareholders should probably sell a significant portion to lock-in any gains. NKLA, RIDE, ...etc... I have a feeling these SPACs aren't going to last.

When can customers get that Lucid base model? Also, I thought Lucid was going for "luxury" and not value.

Getting access to Tesla's SC network might be expensive. I don't think Tesla is going to fall over themselves giving Lucid free access or even paying them for "exposure". ;)

Yup. Lucid's vehicles are a complete unknown.

Tesla had history (good and bad) and I went on a few test drives in the S, 3, X. I felt confident pre-ordering my Y and CT without test driving either.

Lucid Air is unproven. Its offering doesn't separate itself from Tesla offering. I'll wait for some customer feedback before considering.

Lucid play isn't performance it is luxury and range. Lucid is aiming to be the electric Mercedes not BMW. Although there are Mercedes AMG vehicles.

Air Touring doesn't have longer range that S Long Range but it does have a more luxurious interior that will almost certainly be genuinely quiet instead of artificially quiet.

And you can get the same 406 miles range from the base Air for $77,400 before incentives.

Yes, Lucid is unknown with no history. That was Model S once upon a time. It was cool going into a parking structure full of Mercedes and BMW and having a rare almost unique car. Driving around West Los Angeles for half an hour I see at least 3 other Model S. You will probably be able to drive an Air all day without seeing another one for quite a while.

I personally like the Gravity much more than the Air.

Last edited:
Lucid play isn't performance it is luxury and range. Lucid is aiming to be the electric Mercedes not BMW. Although there are Mercedes AMG vehicles.

Air Touring doesn't have longer range that S Long Range but it does have a more luxurious interior that will almost certainly be genuinely quiet instead of artificially quiet.

And you can get the same 406 miles range from the base Air for $77,400 before incentives.

Yes, Lucid is unknown with no history. That was Model S once upon a time. It was cool going into a parking structure full of Mercedes and BMW and having a rare almost unique car. Driving around West Los Angeles for half an hour I see at least 3 other Model S. You will probably be able to drive an Air all day without seeing another one for quite a while.

I personally like the Gravity much more than the Air.

I was cross shopping and if the Lucid Air Touring had the same performance as the Model S Long Range I would seriously consider it. The interior is sweet and on an electric car I don't see much that can go wrong other than software issues. I requested a digital brochure and right after they sent me an email that they want to do a virtual tour of the car with me for 30-45 minutes. I am tempted to accept it just to see what they will say. Two other things that would keep me from buying one is the potential of them going under and the charging network.

Electrify America no bueno:

I was cross shopping and if the Lucid Air Touring had the same performance as the Model S Long Range I would seriously consider it. The interior is sweet and on an electric car I don't see much that can go wrong other than software issues. I requested a digital brochure and right after they sent me an email that they want to do a virtual tour of the car with me for 30-45 minutes. I am tempted to accept it just to see what they will say. Two other things that would keep me from buying one is the potential of them going under and the charging network.

Electrify America no bueno:

It seems all new BEVs have difficulty interfacing with EA. Then a few months later it is fine.

EA sufficiente bueno. CCS is more than EA. The problem from a PR POV is that all the youtubbers make most of their videos as soon as a new BEV is released.

Other than Tesla there is a chance all automakers can go under. Well, technically any company can go under but Tesla's chance is just theoretical (for the next 2 decades at least).

Edit Lucid has over 10k Reservations. $300 for base trim, $7500 for limited edition trim, and $1000 for the middle two trims. Given little hype for these vehicles I think a fair number will convert to orders.

Last edited: