Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucid announced it is contacting Dream reservations holders to turn reservations into orders.

They upped the number of limited editions up again to 520 vehicles.

Lucid announced it is contacting Dream reservations holders to turn reservations into orders.

They upped the number of limited editions up again to 520 vehicles.

Should do 520 Dream Rs and 1111 Dream Ps. Assuming they have that many orders.

Should do 520 Dream Rs and 1111 Dream Ps. Assuming they have that many orders.

Lucid started by offering 249 Launch Editions.

Part of the allure was that it was so limited. Lucid has now scheduled more than doubled production.

The scuttlebutt is that these limited Dream editions run special Samsung cells and the Air GTs and other trims will have their normal production LG cells.

Dream Range will have 520 miles of range and 933 HP.

Dream GT will have 516 miles of range and 800 HP.

Kyle from Out of Spec Motoring talked about NVH on the insideevs podcast.

Lucid engineers said they benchmarked the Air against the Mercedes S Class and beat it on noise.

It could be the quality of the noise. It may come across as annoying. Or particular tires on a particular road.

Kyle said when Air is in the wild they will grab a decibel meter and test an Air, Model S, and S Class.

The Mercedes EQS range is out, just 350 miles. Hmm, maybe it's a sandbagged number like the Taycan. At any rate, that leaves the Lucid Air the range champion by a huge margin.

For Lucid to come out as a startup and pull this off is pretty impressive. For my money I'd still buy the Model S Long Range, but it's a close one.

The Mercedes EQS range is out, just 350 miles. Hmm, maybe it's a sandbagged number like the Taycan. At any rate, that leaves the Lucid Air the range champion by a huge margin.

For Lucid to come out as a startup and pull this off is pretty impressive. For my money I'd still buy the Model S Long Range, but it's a close one.
479 miles WLTP vs 350 EPA shows how useless these "standard tests" are. Hopefully someone will do a side by side range test with Model S, Lucid Air and EQS. Lucid will win but by how much? And who will get second?

Any word on when Lucid will deliver the first customer cars?

Any word on when Lucid will deliver the first customer cars?

Late October.

VIP Investors and Employees getting them now. I guess those folks don't post Utube vids 🤡 Next will be test drive cars. Then finally regular Joe Customer delivered in late October.

BTW various reports have Lucid using 18 module packs and 22 module packs. Road & Track is saying 22 module packs for Dream Edition and 18 module packs for GT. It doesn't make sense to me that 516 mile range GT is using 18 module pack at 112/113 kWh useable. Peter won't say what size the 22 module pack is. Maybe 135 kWh?

The 18 module pack allows "foot garages" for the rear passengers. Allowing taller passengers to fully rest their thighs on the seats.

• Helpful
Reactions: Doggydogworld
BTW various reports have Lucid using 18 module packs and 22 module packs. Road & Track is saying 22 module packs for Dream Edition and 18 module packs for GT.
Dream and GT both use 22 modules, with the same number of cells, according to the data reported to the EPA. The difference is that the Dream Edition packs use higher energy density Samsung cells vs. the LG cells that are used in the GT and other trim levels.

Last edited: