TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

All-Weather Rear Cargo Mat - Third Row Seat Down

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ckwong, Jul 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ckwong

ckwong Member

2. AlsetRebu

AlsetRebu Member

So this is something I am interested in. My question is what happens / what do you do when you want to put the 3rd row up??

3. ckwong

ckwong Member

I guess if you know ahead of time that you will need the 3rd row up then you will leave the mat home otherwise it will have to be folded up to fit in the cargo area.

4. AlsetRebu

AlsetRebu Member

Thanks. I think I'll stick with the rear all weather mat only. I don't like the idea having to take it in and out (which isn't a huge deal), but I especially don't want to store it when not in the vehicle.

5. ckwong

ckwong Member

It's def. not for everyone! I have the seats down probably 95% of the time so I don't mind if I have to take it in and out or fold it on a last min need of the seats.

6. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

Does anyone know if this mat folds up and fits into the well when you want to use the 3rd row?

Mike

7. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Nope. The Tesla Weathertech mat (3rd row down) is not designed to fold, although you could probably force it. It definitely won't fit into trunk well, at least not very easily.

• Like x 1
  8. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

Thanks. I think I'll give it a go anyway. I don't want to put the stroller wheels on the back if the seats all the time...

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

A few days ago I purchased the mat that is being discussed here. In my opinion, if you can manage to cram it into the rear trunk well you will ruin it. It is not designed to be folded and certainly not designed to be stored in that space.

• Like x 1