Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla MX third row stuck down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My third row on the model x refresh is stuck in the down position. Just one side, the other side works fine.

Took it to service today, left it all day and never heard anything back, got an update on the app but only because I checked, no messages or anything.

In short, third row looks like it needs to be completely replaced. Seems crazy.

Anyone else drop their car off with absolutely no contact from the service center? I wasn’t told my car would be there overnight. Wasn’t given an updated. Seems like poor service. Hopefully they won’t stick me with a bill for the replacement. Car is less than 2 yrs old.

Anyone else have to do this on a refresh x?

Attachments

• IMG_2094.png
    IMG_2094.png
    239 KB · Views: 111
My third row on the model x refresh is stuck in the down position. Just one side, the other side works fine.

Took it to service today, left it all day and never heard anything back, got an update on the app but only because I checked, no messages or anything.

In short, third row looks like it needs to be completely replaced. Seems crazy.

Anyone else drop their car off with absolutely no contact from the service center? I wasn’t told my car would be there overnight. Wasn’t given an updated. Seems like poor service. Hopefully they won’t stick me with a bill for the replacement. Car is less than 2 yrs old.

Anyone else have to do this on a refresh x?
I would ask if you can get the car back while waiting on parts. It could be months.

Reactions: bmah
So I went to the dealership today. I was able to get things out of my car that were needed but the service person ‘on call’ wasn’t available. He was doing personal things they said and given my unique situation they were going to have him come in and release my car to me. So I had to go back home without my car. Which has nothing wrong with it other than a third row that doesn’t come up. No safety issues.

I work in healthcare needed my car (not an Uber driver) for work this weekend. I was never told the car wouldn’t be ready by 5pm the day I dropped it off. I talked with the manager and she basically said there’s nothing she can/will do about it. She didn’t care that service never contacted me…implying I should’ve reached out myself. She wouldn’t help with a rental. Nothing. She basically said the service people contact people when /if they feel like it.

I need a whole new third row (which is embarrassing on Tesla’s part) but that part likely won’t come until q4 in the year 2035 but yet they wouldn’t give my car back to me. lol. First big service issue I’ve had (other than poor build quality which they’ve always addressed through mobile service). This is quite the sh*t show.

Final update…

I spoke to the manager who I spoke to twice over the weekend. She both times told me she’d reach back out to me with answered and never did. Today when I asked to speak to her she wasn’t available and called me back (finally!) and said she was very busy with customers. Too busy for existing customers but always time for new customers I guess.

Update on repair:

I need a WHOLE new third row. They say it will arrive in 4-6 weeks and it will take 4 whole days to repair the vehicle. Anyone else have this issue?

Wow, are you dealing with the Bellevue service center? That sounds like the same treatment I received. My 3rd row failed on day 4 of ownership, and it took 8 weeks for parts and 3 weeks in service to do the repair. It then promptly got stuck in the down position again a month later and has been stuck for 7 months now. I decided to lemon the car after non-stop issues. Still waiting for Tesla to come take their car back .

So today as I was cleaning my car, the third row magically went up. Pressed the button, heard the actuator work, seat is up.

What do I do??

I don’t want a service tech messing up the repair. I don’t want the issue to happen again though. Also, why the f#*k can I get the issue resolved and Tesla service can’t!!?

Has this happened to anyone?