Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost all firmware downloads stopped.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard reboot would be unplugging the plug under the rear passenger seat along with the 12v battery.

it seems like there are three reboot options, a soft reboot for just the monitor (two buttons simultaneously on the steering wheel) , a hard reboot(two buttons and brake for ten seconds) for the car computer and monitor and a power-off reboot that you described.

There is a lotta tech in the car, so multiple reboot options. I don’t think the soft reboot cycles the WiFi connection, where tge hard reboot does.

it seems like there are three reboot options, a soft reboot for just the monitor (two buttons simultaneously on the steering wheel) , a hard reboot(two buttons and brake for ten seconds) for the car computer and monitor and a power-off reboot that you described.

There is a lotta tech in the car, so multiple reboot options. I don’t think the soft reboot cycles the WiFi connection, where tge hard reboot does.
There are quite a few threads in this forum that debunk the two button with brake pedal reset. I can't say for certain but I know a lot of source information on this has been provided in some of those other threads.