Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Each update is old at the time of download

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been getting updates every 3 months or so (that in itself seems pretty slow), but the bigger issue is that each time I get an update, it's to a version that's already out of date. I'm still on 2023.7.30 which my car downloaded 4 weeks ago (in September). Before that I was on something like 2023.7.20. I have it set to Advanced and I called support and they confirmed the connectivity looked fine. Drove into a service center and they basically shooed me away saying there's no issue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I've been getting updates every 3 months or so (that in itself seems pretty slow), but the bigger issue is that each time I get an update, it's to a version that's already out of date. I'm still on 2023.7.30 which my car downloaded 4 weeks ago (in September). Before that I was on something like 2023.7.20. I have it set to Advanced and I called support and they confirmed the connectivity looked fine. Drove into a service center and they basically shooed me away saying there's no issue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

The "full and complete" answer for this ( the slow updates, and the update version) is due to being on FSD beta. The version numbers of FSD beta and the regular updates are not the same, so as long as you are on FSD beta, this is what you should expect (and you should ignore anything you read about features or updates in the non FSD beta software updates.

Reactions: devsters
Ok so folks on FSD beta are somewhere around that 2023.7 version?

I dont track it closely (or at all, really) because what version you get is what version you get, but my model 3 is on FSDb and is on software version 2023.7.30.

I suspect that this is one of the newer versions, even if its not the "newest" for FSDb. others who follow it closer can tell you if its the absolute latest or not, but its definitely still current for FSDb.

Compare that with my wifes model Y which does not have FSD at all (only basic autopilot) and is currently on 2023.32.6.

Ok so folks on FSD beta are somewhere around that 2023.7 version?
Yes and no. The latest version for the original FSD beta testers is currently 2023.7.30 with FSD beta 11.4.7.

Tesla also started including an older version of FSD beta on general release software since 2023.20.x for new FSD subscribers/purchasers. Latest for this group is currently 2023.32.6 with FSD beta 11.4.4.

But since this FSD beta version of the general release group lags behind the true FSD beta tester group version that your car has, your car will not update to it.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Yes and no. The latest version for the original FSD beta testers is currently 2023.7.30 with FSD beta 11.4.7......
Actually there is FINILY a new version rolling out to Early Access Beta users 23.27.6/11.4.7.2. Some have already got it and hopefully it will too out to all Early Access in the next few days. Checking my app right now 🤞. So there is some imminent hope for the OP (and more importantly ME 🤔🤣).

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 7.19.07 AM.png

Reactions: E90alex

Any ideas? Thanks.
They advised correctly “there‘s no issue”. To manage expectations ask Anyone with Any other OEM car how often they get software updates. The answer is never if that helps. Updates are sent out when they have something added or fixed. Nowhere in my order docs does it commit to any software update or time frame. Just enjoy your car and enjoy the updates as they come.

They advised correctly “there‘s no issue”. To manage expectations ask Anyone with Any other OEM car how often they get software updates. The answer is never if that helps. Updates are sent out when they have something added or fixed. Nowhere in my order docs does it commit to any software update or time frame. Just enjoy your car and enjoy the updates as they come.
Welcome to the world of technology. If it is available to the public it is already obsolete. The nature of the beast.

Reactions: Yelobird