Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alpha Build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone above compared it to Concept Volt vs Production Volt -- I don't think that's the case in the least. Some changes, yeah, but at a glance it still looks like the same car. The volt actually had lines and such changed -- it was pretty major.

I was actually referring to the discussions going on at the time production Volt was introduced and not implying a dramatic change in the Model S -- just forum postings. When my P#### is ready for delivery I will be there too :biggrin:

Last edited:
I got an invite to the DC store opening the other day. I emailed the staff to see if an Alpha was going to be there or not and the answer was no. They will have the exploded view there and the prototype there but no alpha. She said the public will not be able to view or sit in or test drive the Model S until the Betas are out.

Tesla beats expectations as revenue grow - SiliconValley.com
CEO Elon Musk said the highlight of the fourth quarter, which ended Dec. 31, was on-time completion of the first drivable Model S.

"I drive the alpha build every week, and the car is great," Musk said on a conference call with analysts. "It feels very light and agile on the road, and it has tremendous power. I'm really pleased with how the product is

Some pics I have of the Alpha prototype interior.

Model S Alpha prototype - a set on Flickr

7150160311_658328f11b_z.jpg

7150156863_84b6c7022a_z.jpg

7150118083_5d9cbb04b2_z.jpg