Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd do LEAPs or common stock as sleepy always recommends. You are basically gambling when you APR 14 options. Don't play solar earnings unless you know absolutely what you are getting into.

You're absolutely right and I do already have CSIQ stock as a core position. However I do want to take a little gamble with options and I know the solar industri is very volatile. But a gamble can have good or worse odds and that's what I am trying to gauge.

I just received an email w/YouTube video from SolarCity regarding an apparent net metering fight about to get started in Colorado. I haven't yet read up on the background, but it seems like this could have an impact on SolarCity's efforts here.

Dear Solar Ally,I don't make the decision to contact you lightly, but I want to fill you in on Xcel's plans for Colorado's solar industry.
Rooftop solar is a classic Colorado success story–it's creating jobs across the state and empowering Coloradans like you to save money while reducing fossil fuel consumption. But Xcel wants to stop solar's progress in its tracks. The utility's strategy is to attack net metering policy, which gives solar customers fair credit for the surplus electricity their solar panels return to the grid for neighbors to consume.
To help explain what's happening, we created this video:
WEB-4963_video_thumbnail.jpg
Please share this video on facebook, twitter, or email-- we want everyone engaged in the fight to protect the state's solar industry.
Xcel is about to mount a PR campaign against solar, and they're going to talk a lot about 'fairness'. But it's not surprising that a monopoly's idea of fairness is very different from what's fair to the people of Colorado.
Let's get the conversation started on our terms. Please watch and share this video, and let us know what you think about it. We'll be in touch with updates as they occur.
Thank you,
Lyndon Rive

CEO, SolarCity

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received an email w/YouTube video from SolarCity regarding an apparent net metering fight about to get started in Colorado. I haven't yet read up on the background, but it seems like this could have an impact on SolarCity's efforts here.

I am in California, but I am posting it on my facebook anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Investors Buy Large Volume of Call Options on Canadian Solar (CSIQ) http://zolmax.com/investors-buy-large-volume-of-call-options-on-canadian-solar-csiq/122567/ "Stock investors purchased 10,147 call options on the companyicon1.png, Analyst Ratings.Net reports. This is an increase of approximately 176% compared to the average daily volume of 3,672 call options." Well then I had 3% of the calls bought on thursday.

I thought this article was about me initially when I saw it, lol.

I second that. I'm shifting to a balanced portfolio, 50% tsla and 50% solar. :). I still have more tsla but I have a feeling solar is going to be the winner even with a lighter position over the next month. I got
price rises from my suppliers on csiq and tsl again this quarter ;)

I agree. While more volatile, I believe there is greater upside to solar than, dare I say, TSLA, in the next 1-2 years.