Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Effectively have been without access to internet since driving out of Alaska >three weeks ago, so it's been quite trying in getting to read up on everything. And besides, I had my P85 delivered, so have been having some fun!!!!

HERE is something on topic, not so good, out of the Arizona Republic from Thursday, Oct. 24. Summarizing:

Maricopa Cty has CANCELLED its economic development contract with First Solar, 2 1/2 yrs after agreeing to provide them $20mm in development incentives. That occurred after FSLR, based in Tempe, AZ, shut down activity at a Mesa AZ facility, citing "various business and economic factors"....FSLR's head of communications said company does not intent to retain that facility...it wasn't an "effective or sustainable business model" (am quoting the paper, not the spokesman).

So.....sounds to me as though FSLR has had to backpedal on a manuf'g site; not so good as this was absolutely in their back yard. Or front yard.

Article is from page B7, is headlined " County, First Solar Cancel Deal".

Doesnt sound good.

Btw, as im trying to find some PT here, I found something on JKS. Im not sure if someone has posted it before but Credit Suisse initiated coverage for JKS on 23/9 with a Neutral rating and a PT of 22$ even tho the stock was trading at about 17.50$ that day. On the 17th of October they upgraded it to outpreform and put a price target of 32$. It is currently trading on 23$. So both JKS and CSIQ has PT 50% over their current trading price.

Last edited:
Research analysts at Credit Suisse initiated coverage on shares of SolarCity Corp. (NASDAQ:SCTY) in a report released on Monday, TheFlyOnTheWall.com reports. The firm set an “outperform” rating on the stock.In other SolarCity Corp. news, Director Elon Musk purchased 214,869 shares of SolarCity Corp. stock on the open market in a transactionicon1.png dated Monday, October 21st. The shares were purchased at an average price of $46.54 per share, for a total transaction of $10,000,003.26. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this

http://tickerreport.com/banking-fin...coverage-from-analysts-at-credit-suisse-scty/

SOL and JASO are taking a beating... CSIQ is still up which is good.
And JKS. Really need these to turn around in the next 3-6 weeks. I'm scattered across 5 solar companies, but only CSIQ is in the green since I bought them a few weeks back. SOL in particular is bad and my 2nd biggest chunk in the portfolio. SOL's had two pushes up to 5.5 in the last couple months, the first quite short lived and this last a bit longer. Hopefully it blips again and I can convert these shorter options into long ones.

In my newbishness, when folks were talking about "long" options versus "short", I was thinking months versus weeklies. I've since realized that when conversation talks about "long" options that really means something closer to LEAPS. The lingo needs to add "medium" or some such for clarity :)

That's why I recommended buying shares for the solar companies. Options are too risky and there might not be a turnaround in 3-6 weeks; although I am betting that they will.

BTW, with the stocks pulling back for the second day in a row, it might be a good time to get into solar if you were sitting on the sidelines.

None what so ever that i could find either. since solar was beat down and JKS was on a huge run i think its just taking the hit a bit harder then the rest. I actually used this dip to buy a few June options for my first JKS holdings.

I think thats one of the smartest things to do atm. Nothing has changed. I have said earlier that I belive we are where TSLA was one year ago, and then these swings also makes sense.

We are used to this arent we? :)

Today was my worst day since, well, I don't know, maybe worst day ever $$ amount wise. Hopefully SPWR has a good report Wednesday otherwise this pain may not end for a while. Luckily I have listened to Sleepy and most of my holdings are stock or LEAPS so most of the stuff should do very well long run and make up for any short term losses.

Ya i am still sitting on some Jan call that i bought back on Q2. i was hoping to sell half of them before earnings take profits and leave the other half for a earnings play. Last two days of trading have pretty much whipped them out so i dont know if i should hold all, sell all or do the 50/50 plan still, although it would no long be risk free.