Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'Short' Checklist for SPWR:

Steady Revenue Growth - check
Positive margin expansion - check
Fast EPS growth - check
One of the fastest growing companies - check
In the fastest growing industry in the world - check
Has a knack for crushing analyst estimates - check
Stabilizing Average Selling Prices around the world - check
Eu-China negotiated deal will make SPWR more competitive in EU - check
Analyst just upgraded SPWR yesterday - check
"Huge" second half financially coming up - check
CEO says "demand in America has been phenomenally good" - check
North America makes up over 70% of SPWR business - check
30% of Public float already shorted - check
Set up for a huge short squeeze - check

After the run up is over, I hope to be getting a big - cheque.

Looks like the Fed pulled the ole we dont want you mad at us so we are just going to let things ride. Bad news for me since i pulled some of my stock form other company's yesterday expecting a market pull back today. However, this is good news going into SPWR earnings since there no bear market holding back what should be a fun ride.

Looks like the Fed pulled the ole we dont want you mad at us so we are just going to let things ride. Bad news for me since i pulled some of my stock form other company's yesterday expecting a market pull back today. However, this is good news going into SPWR earnings since there no bear market holding back what should be a fun ride.

Just like I said a couple of days ago; it was pretty predictable. The Fed finally realized that it has to underpromise (lowered economy growth outlook) and overdeliver (economy will pick up).

Dear John Smith,
Please be advised that SPWR's earnings report will be released today, July 31st, 2013, after market close. Since you are currently concentrated in this position, please monitor your account closely for any potential fluctuation in the stock price and cover the margin call as necessary if needed.
Please contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Questrade Client services
Questrade Inc.

Sleepy this better be good :cursing:

I just paid 1.55 for 15 contracts @ $30 Aug for SPWR. I realize I am paying a premium because I waited till the last minute.... We'll see how this turns out.

This is a pure gamble for me with some of my SCTY earnings (I got in on the day of the IPO at $11, sold half at $24 and still hold the other half). Either way, thank you all for your insights into this discussion. I got burned with TSL, CSIQ and the like in the past and have been very hesitant to play in the field (until the EM effect pulled me into SCTY). The quality of the research on this board gives me more confidence to invest in solar again.

All I can say is that if I am wrong then I will lose a lot more money (relatively speaking) than all of you guys.

This is still a great long-term investment, but in the short run it is hard to tell. Buying options before earnings is just gambling, so there is a lot more risk. That said, I was confident enough to buy plenty.

Im in the same boat as u sleepy. I`ll rather lose Money than see all what I coulda gain With a push of a button. If I loose it all it`s all good! If I win, im sending you a bottle of myfavourite Norwegian beer!

GL boys!