Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CSIQ = awesomeness

Then I looked at JASO. What happened here? Did somebody fat finger?
nezyhu4y.jpg

SCTY is up on the financing deal they just announced. I don't think the market understands just how well the Musk family can get creative about financing. Or maybe it's all Elon, but in any case, it's like the third or fourth string to his bow, after creativity, engineering and execution.

SCTY is up on the financing deal they just announced. I don't think the market understands just how well the Musk family can get creative about financing. Or maybe it's all Elon, but in any case, it's like the third or fourth string to his bow, after creativity, engineering and execution.

SCTY just needs to secure a good stream of financing deals and supplies.......... demand doesn't sound like much of a problem right now so everytime one of those barriers fall a little the stock soars.

SCTY just needs to secure a good stream of financing deals and supplies.......... demand doesn't sound like much of a problem right now so everytime one of those barriers fall a little the stock soars.

Solar City can be hurt by one thing, and it shouldn't be glossed over: Net-Metering Policy reform.

I havent seen it discussed much as one of the risks as investing in Solar City.

At this point all I can say is "thanks Sleepy!"

I have always been a bull in solar but because of your fantastic in depth analysis I became a huge bull.

If zoning would let me (I'm already maxed out with what they allow on the ground) I could put in enough solar to power our Tesla 100% from today's paper gains. :)

Solar City can be hurt by one thing, and it shouldn't be glossed over: Net-Metering Policy reform.

I havent seen it discussed much as one of the risks as investing in Solar City.

Absolutely.....but will it really be a factor in the long run? Also I don't see it happening any time soon.... some lobbies might push for it....but any change would face strong opposition from the public (I think/hope).
I think the worst case scenario is that the prices for reselling the energy are lowered a bit (probably is fair after all)... but nothing more than that. Would you agree?

Absolutely.....but will it really be a factor in the long run? Also I don't see it happening any time soon.... some lobbies might push for it....but any change would face strong opposition from the public (I think/hope).
I think the worst case scenario is that the prices for reselling the energy are lowered a bit (probably is fair after all)... but nothing more than that. Would you agree?

I think it's also worth mentioning that with the acquisition of Zep Solar, it looks like as SCTY grows they will be trying to diversify away some of their risk. I wouldn't be surprised to see more strategic moves in the near future that will diversify away risk associated with residential leasing.

Thanks again, Sleepy.

Feeling good about that lot of CSIQ Jan14 25's I bought at $1.45 :biggrin: Thanks Sleepy et. al.

Since they released a preliminary report that looks very positive, is the good report already baked into the price? Or should we still see another jump after the report?

I don't think the pre-earnings report is "baked in" the stock price. I think CSIQ will go up on the earnings annoucement on the 13th.