Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternatives to Applying Slight Torque to the Steering Wheel [that are not steering wheel weight hacks]

PianoAl

Dec 15, 2019
Far Northern California
I'm sure many of you know this, but there are some nice alternatives to applying slight torque to the steering wheel to confirm that you are paying attention:
  1. Flick either scroll wheel up or down
  2. Tap the gear shift stalk down
I like these because you don't have to think about torquing the wheel too much or two little.

For confirming lane changes, you sometimes(?) need to tap the gear shift stalk down twice.

Alternatively, I hold the steering wheel lightly with my hand resting on my right knee (leg bent), giving slight resistance when it turns.

mrau

Authorized Driver
Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Mid-Michigan
You adjust the follow distance using the right scroll wheel by pushing it left or right. Setting will appear briefly on your screen.

Reactions: PianoAl

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
Any interaction with the wheel controls resets the nag, doesn't matter if it's up or down, left or right, or which wheel you use.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC