Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am at a loss: is the $2k FSD offer going away on Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed the extension too, I saw it was still there but was on the fence about what to do. I though then he might keep it until EOQ like he likes to do. Oh well. I had some other bills I dealt with instead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again when people at the EOY who are EAP don't get the previously promised Advanced Summon and Stoplights which we had screenshots saying we would get.

This thread is quite long... can someone tell me if my EAP (purchased with ordering of car in June 2018) would be grandfathered into the features advertised before the shuffling of features that we now see in FSD/AP?

In order words, do 2018 EAP customers get enhance summons?

This thread is quite long... can someone tell me if my EAP (purchased with ordering of car in June 2018) would be grandfathered into the features advertised before the shuffling of features that we now see in FSD/AP?

Yes, you will get Enhanced Summon and Nav on AP and Autopark. All of these are now technically part of FSD. What is not known, and what may be a factor down the road, is that FSD cars will diverge from EAP cars with respect to computational power with the upgrade to Hardware 3 (since purchasing FSD comes with the unofficially-promised HW3 upgrade). As such, it is reasonable to expect, though still entirely speculation, that Enhanced Summon/NoA/Autopark will evolve to be different/better on FSD cars as compared to EAP-only cars as Tesla starts to take advantage of the neural nets that require HW3.

Motts, what do you disagree with? In September 2018 EAP WAS $5k and FSD WAS $3k at initial purchase. And now AP IS $3k and FSD IS $5k at initial purchase. So to get to FSD now vs September, the total cost is the SAME.

for reference you disagreed with my post:

In September EAP was $5k and FSD was $3k when ordered with the car. Now it is $3k for AP and $5k for FSD. Again what's the issue.

I missed the extension too, I saw it was still there but was on the fence about what to do. I though then he might keep it until EOQ like he likes to do. Oh well. I had some other bills I dealt with instead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back again when people at the EOY who are EAP don't get the previously promised Advanced Summon and Stoplights which we had screenshots saying we would get.

Pretty sure EAP will get Enhanced Summon as the last feature they promised. Do you have a screenshot showing Stoplight detection as a promised EAP feature?

I’ve been searching for a used model 3 for the last month, but am only looking at ones with EAP. So anyone that is upset with Elon and Tesla and has a white on white AWD with EAP, if you really want to get back at Elon just sell me your car... that will show him :)

I think a lot of people here are forgetting you have a car that gets updates and new features for free. I have a 7 year old car and a 4 year old SUV that are exactly the same as the day I bought them. The next year after buying my vehicles new features came out and they ran sales for less than what I paid. Even if I got upset and went to twitter it wouldn’t matter because their isn’t another car company that has CEO that actually reads the post and turns around and sends updates with fixes and new features like Dash Cam, Sentry mode, etc.

Also keep in mind that durning the Y event Elon said they had to pull people off of the solar team and other parts of the company to all help with the model 3 production. Now that they seem to have the model 3 production going they are ramping up the other areas of the company.

I know a lot of people are upset and feel scammed for paying a certain amount for EAP of FSD then it briefly cost less, but in the software industry we pay large amounts of money for support plans that guarantees free updates for the next X years. Each time we renew we have to evaluate if we think it will go up or down in the future to determine how long we renew for. This is basically what you are doing here. You are getting a known set of features at a guaranteed price forever. Everyone that got AP before when it included NoA still keeps NoA even though the packages are now changed and prices went up.

Personally I think EAP or FSD should only cost $3k - $5k max. There is a perfect used Model 3 AWD white on white with 200 miles on it that I would love to buy but it doesn’t have AP, EAP or FSD. If I know I could get EAP or FSD for $3k - $5k I would buy that car today, but not if I have to then spend another $11k to activate the software. If you have a model 3 you should be encouraging Tesla to lower the price for FSD, it only makes your car more valuable if you don’t have it now and try to sell your car. If they have to spend $11k to activate it they will just look for another cat that has it already and only spend another $3k or so more than you are trying to sell your car for.