Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I Crazy to Keep FUSC instead of $5,000...

Am I Crazy to Keep FUSC instead of $5,000 (please read before casting your vote)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ack...somehow I ended up with the original kwh # in place of final miles.... thanks for pointing it out- makes keeping FUSC a far worse deal, even if you drive coast to coast and back once a year you're still looking at a decade just to break even vs the refund.

Yeah that's 65K TODAY miles, we haven't even taken into account time value of money. Assuming 2% compounded year over year over 10 years that's a factor of 1.22X current amounts or 79K miles or $6,100USD

Reactions: Garlan Garner
You are about right on the math

Ok - need to charge more. I still have my 2002 minivan that I bought when my second kid was born. Now he is driving it. I like to keep cars till they rust out. Hopefully they used ‘stainless’ steel on the model 3. Will update in 15 years and will know if this was the right decision or not.

Tesla deciding to raise the rate of Super charging may reduce the 15 year time frame. I should have my answer in less than a decade now. A 50% improvement.

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
I'm guessing Elon/Tesla had a decent handle on how much FUSC was worth from Tesla's perspective. On the aggregate, I suppose it must have been worth more than $5k with their projected pricing.

Perhaps, in 5yrs time I will strongly regret trading my FUSC.

17D9AAFE-DB9B-4571-A647-4804A52C25DD.jpeg

Turned that $5K into TSLA this morning.

Attachments

• B5FCF9A7-F453-4711-A07B-9680D58464D4.jpeg
    B5FCF9A7-F453-4711-A07B-9680D58464D4.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 33
I would be more inclined to keep the FUSC if I used the Model 3 for road trips. But, the Model S is a better trip car for the family and it already has FUSC. I’ve only supercharged the 3 a couple of times. It would take me about 20 years to recoup the $5k.