Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I Crazy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just pulled into our garage and I felt like the MX was way louder than it should be. Can’t attach a video. Just for some background, I have a Raven MS and it is whisper quiet so I am not being dramatic. Taking it back to them now but wanted to see if anyone encountered that.

I am thinking it has something to do with HVAC system. Inside of the car the auto isn’t great and is also louder than it should be.

It feels like you are leaving out a lot of info. "them"?
Sorry not my best post, a little frustrated. I took it to Tesla and showed the guy the video, he agreed it’s louder than normal. It basically sounds like cabin overheat or something is running for no reason at all. Very similar in sound to a gas car when parked minus engine noise.

Was told to put in a ticket. We took delivery last night and already need a whole new bench row. My wife never signed the papers since she wasn’t there. If there is too much push back maybe we return the MX and wait.

Reactions: scottf200
Is the noise inside or outside of the cabin? The Model X has several heating and cooling systems that are not all related to passenger comfort, and they run whenever their respective sensors signal it. For brief periods some can be a bit loud externally.
Externally. This is helpful thanks! After the sear debacle, which I still might give it back, I’m a little on edge. I haven’t had issues with my MS (knock on wood) so I ignore most of the quality talk I read on here. I still will report it though. Internally it’s very odd how loud the hvac is being on auto. May just have to mess with it. Low setting is 3 and that could be it.

I had a similar thing with my refreshed X. Started blowing strongly from time to time after getting a OTA update. Got another OTA update and it is now back to normal blowing volume.
It’s very odd though. We were putting kids seats in the X and out of nowhere the front of the car was humming. I don’t mean low AC air humming, it was like it had been running for hours and trying to cool itself. I put in a service request.

For interior I am assuming just software.

My 2023 Model X makes a *lot* more noises (both more and louder) when I park it in my garage than our 2018 Model 3 does. I worried about it for a few days but we've got 7,500 km on it and no problems so I tell myself that it's just got a more robust thermal management system than our 3 (plus maybe heat pump vs resistive heating? it is still winter here...) since it must be capable of towing 5,000 lbs.

My M3P has always occasionally made noises I don't directly understand and always after I park. At first, I thought, hey that's weird, never heard that before, I'll worry if it keeps happening. Now at 62k miles with no problems at all, I don't even notice. Seems to be the system trying to balance something. I could likely figure out the variables if I cared. But I don't. Point is you get some weird hums sometimes after a drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: AW9nineteen