Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I overreacting on this panel gap?

RI_webdev

Sep 24, 2019
RI
I took home delivery of this Model X a month ago so I was unable to do an inspection before accepting delivery. Right away I thought the trunk was ajar while it was on the delivery truck, and it looked even worse when I saw it up close.

It looks like the entire rear passenger quarter panel is crooked, causing a widening gap along the trunk and the top area. I took it to the SC and they said it was within spec and I'd have to pay to get it fixed myself. I find it hard to believe this is within spec - should I just let it go?

Attachments

• 20190928_090333.jpg
    20190928_090333.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 131

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Since the gap decreases at you follow it up to the roof, I would say, maybe, they could adjust the liftgate. It might mounted just a little crooked. Is the same gap line at the roof wider than this?

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
It's hard to say with the angle of the shot. It doesn't look great and like was mentioned it is probably an easy fix.

How does left side look. If it's the same (or similar) it could be as simple as a trunk latch adjustment and just pulling down a little more.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC