Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon Alexa Skill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would love to control car by Amazon Alexa (climate, etc) but the ‘My Tesla (unofficial)’ Alexa skill isn’t staying connected. The Tesla email/password login doesn’t work due to an Apple update, and there’s a token connection method that only worked for a few hours and then disconnects. Any work-around with this skill, or any others more reliable?
(Searched old threads but nothing helpful).

Not with Alexa but you can automate some functions using the Tessie app for iOS and Siri.

Automate your Tesla using Shortcuts - Help Center - Tessie

Watch for Tesla includes a wide range of functions that you can use to create simple or complex shortcuts. For example, I used it to create a "get the car ready" shortcut that looks at the outside temperature and sets the climate, seat heaters, and steering wheel heater based on that.

I've attached screen captures of the available functions.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0177.jpeg
    IMG_0177.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Daekwan and jcanoe
Watch for Tesla includes a wide range of functions that you can use to create simple or complex shortcuts. For example, I used it to create a "get the car ready" shortcut that looks at the outside temperature and sets the climate, seat heaters, and steering wheel heater based on that.

I've attached screen captures of the available functions.
wow never knew it did that much and I've been using the app for 2 years now

I guess the next question is how does this work.. do you speak the command (or hit the shortcut) and then wait like 1 minute for it to wake the car up and process the command? So if I want to trunk to open because Im leaving home depot with a full cart of stuff. Should I go ahead and say the command after checkout.. because it's going to take a minute to actually happen.. and that's how long it takes me to walk from the exit door of the store to my vehicle which is parked in the lot?

I guess the next question is how does this work.. do you speak the command (or hit the shortcut) and then wait like 1 minute for it to wake the car up and process the command? So if I want to trunk to open because Im leaving home depot with a full cart of stuff. Should I go ahead and say the command after checkout.. because it's going to take a minute to actually happen.. and that's how long it takes me to walk from the exit door of the store to my vehicle which is parked in the lot?

I don't use any of the shortcut functions (not sure what to call them, but that's the term I use) as voice commands so I don't know how long it takes. I added the shortcut I created as a widget to the Today View and run it from there.

The biggest problem with the shortcut I have is that if the car is asleep, it can take a while to wake it up. I sometimes get an iOS popup asking me if I want to keep trying to wake it up. After that things run relatively quickly. Basically my shortcut:
Start the climate (this wakes the car and is what takes the longest to run)
Gets the outside temp
If the temp is <= 45
Turn on the seat and steering wheel heaters
else
turn off the seat and steering wheel heaters
if the temp is >= 70
set the temp to 65
else
set the temp to 70

Reactions: Daekwan

Not sure on timing with the watch app thing but using the shortcuts app I made it takes about 10 seconds for me from voice to trunk opening unless the car is asleep at home, then it’s more like 20-30 seconds.

Reactions: Daekwan