Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andersen EV charger support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too - tried everything. Glad it seems to be a widespread problem and not my A2 failing. Car charged as expected last night in my 4hr GO slot and no warnings / disconnects this morning so assume it was their server issue and it’s been fixed

any anyone have any insight if Anderson is working on intelligent octopus integration? Would be really handy for the other EVs that are not a Tesla!
yeah same.

We have a Peugeot e208 in addition to the Tesla, which rules this out for us currently, which is a shame.

seems all gone a bit quiet since the takeover, they were talking about a new improved app months ago, but nothing has appeared, maybe some bigger changes going on behind the scenes 🤞

Reactions: Durzel
yeah same.

We have a Peugeot e208 in addition to the Tesla, which rules this out for us currently, which is a shame.

seems all gone a bit quiet since the takeover, they were talking about a new improved app months ago, but nothing has appeared, maybe some bigger changes going on behind the scenes 🤞
why?? just plug peugeot from 23:30 to 5:30

clearly I need to read up on this.

I thought id differed from Octopus Go (I'm on that tariff) in that Intelligent Octopus needs to communicate with the car or charger to work?

So I can use it exactly the same as Go with a cheaper/longer cheap rate?
It needs to communicate with ONE car.
The other one you can charge as you see fit :)

Reactions: JupiterMan
clearly I need to read up on this.

I thought id differed from Octopus Go (I'm on that tariff) in that Intelligent Octopus needs to communicate with the car or charger to work?

So I can use it exactly the same as Go with a cheaper/longer cheap rate?
as ACaneiro said, IO needs to communicate with one car to set it up.

if that car is not plugged in, you whole households still gets the default 23:30 - 5:30 off-peak rate. that's when you can consume as much power as you want, including charge any other EV.

having in mind that Peugeot e208 is 50 kwh, means that most likely you operate your car's battery within 40 kwh range.. which is fully chargeable within 6 hours of IO at 7 kwh

Reactions: JupiterMan
as ACaneiro said, IO needs to communicate with one car to set it up.

if that car is not plugged in, you whole households still gets the default 23:30 - 5:30 off-peak rate. that's when you can consume as much power as you want, including charge any other EV.

having in mind that Peugeot e208 is 50 kwh, means that most likely you operate your car's battery within 40 kwh range.. which is fully chargeable within 6 hours of IO at 7 kwh
thanks again for your help.

I'm now all signed up and active on IO.

I note that you can set max rate of charge in the app, but IO will always max out at the Tesla charge limit. I take it there's no reason not to set the max charge to 100% in the IO app, and then just manage charge levels required through the car?

otherwise I'll need to remember to update both IO and the car to 100% on those rare occasions I need a full charge and will likely forget!

why?? just plug peugeot from 23:30 to 5:30
My use case is to generate an extended charge slot when my Tesla is full. on Day 1, plug Tesla in early, and get an extended charge slot at 7pm. (we got one at 1 pm the other day, all the way to 8am the next day)! Tesla is now very full.

Next day, plug in our Polestar, and get an extra & early charge slot...