Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Tesla app Scheduled departure bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. Are you able to use the scheduled departure feature of the Android Tesla app? I've got version 4.2.3-742 on a Samsung Z Fold 3 and have had this issue for awhile. Every time the app updates, I check to see if its resolved and so far it hasn't been. When I try to set a time, it always reverts back to 11:30pm. Does it work for you?

Car 2021.36.5.6
App Android 4.2.3.742

I have a similar problem with schedule charge, I've not tried schedule departure
I already had schedule charge enabled in the car set to start at 9:30PM
I can't change the scheduled charge time from the app it reverts to 12:00AM
I tried disabling scheduled charge from the app and the car
No difference, when I tried again to set schedule charge time from the app
it reverts to 12:00AM within a few seconds the same as before

I can set schedule charge time on the car
The app displays it's enabled, time 12:00AM which is the wrong time

I've had this issue since the feature was added to the app
Clearing the app cache had no effect

I have the same problem, but was able to change and save the scheduled departure time by quickly clicking OK before the time reverted back to what it was set to previously. May have to do this twice; once for the hour (quickly click OK), then again for the minute.

Car 2021.36.5.8
App Android 4.2.3-742

I tried setting both Scheduled departure and Scheduled charge from the app
Both have the same issue, charge time reverts back to 12:00AM
App doesn't display car charge time if a scheduled departure/charge
time is set on the car the app displays 12:00AM

Switching from digital to typing in the time no difference
Deleting and reinstalling the app, made no difference,

As SnohoBeav posted, if you are very quick you can set the time from the app
might take a few attempts. When I tried this watching from in the car.
The car time was saved but the app reverted back to displaying 12:00AM as the set time

Android
I got 4.3 today
I can now set the time it's not instantly reverting to 12:00AM
It reverts to 12:00AM a second after saving
progress I guess

I found the same behavior is still there with 4.3
Schedule charge time will only allow 15 minute intervals

Noticed I can't open google maps from location either

failed to open maps app for directions
ERROR_UNABLE_TO_LAUNCH

I just tried this on my Pixel 6, and had no problems at all. I waited to see if it would reset, but it acted as it should. I set it yesterday, and today it still remember the time I set.

I have had the problem with opening Google Maps ever since 4.2. I deleted it on my previous phone (Pixel 2), and installed the last 4.1 APK, and it works with that version. I have been unsuccessful in reporting this so far, trying the email from the app store, online chat, and service request from the app. I got a phone number for service to try next.

It's working for me now. Pixel 6 and app 4.3.0-766.

As Firewall says above, it always moves to the nearest 15 min slot now, but otherwise it's working fine. I can change the time to anything provided it ends in 00, 15, 30 or 45 and it saves correctly every time.

• Helpful
Reactions: Marty3SR+
Since we're on the subject... I had set the schedule for my wife's quitting time as a test. It seemed to work, but I decided it would be more useful to set it for the morning departure, so I set it to the mornings. It worked as expected this morning.

But this afternoon, it also did the precondition for her quitting time. I don't see any way to set more than one time, or any way to even see a list of times, only to change the time or turn on and off. So, I'm wondering if this is a bug or a feature, and if it's a bug, is it with the car or the app. Anyone know how it's supposed to work?

Since we're on the subject... I had set the schedule for my wife's quitting time as a test. It seemed to work, but I decided it would be more useful to set it for the morning departure, so I set it to the mornings. It worked as expected this morning.

But this afternoon, it also did the precondition for her quitting time. I don't see any way to set more than one time, or any way to even see a list of times, only to change the time or turn on and off. So, I'm wondering if this is a bug or a feature, and if it's a bug, is it with the car or the app. Anyone know how it's supposed to work?
It has been doing the precondition twice a day for several days now. I don't see any way to view anything other than the next occurrence, and it seems like trying to change that might just add a third one. Haven't tried anything from the car itself, though. My wife drives it to work, so it's not available during the day.

Android Tesla app 4.3.0-766
schedule charge set
Tesla app reverting to 12:00AM

updated to 2021.40.6

Had a look at schedule charge again
Same problem Tesla app reverting to displaying 12:00AM

I turned schedule charge off and on via the app
The app changed to displaying the correct schedule charge time
The Tesla app is now displaying the correct schedule charge time if changed via the app
I can change the schedule charge time in the app, it's changed in the car and displaying the correct set time in the app
It's stopped reverting to 12:00AM

Not sure if it's something to do with 2021.40.6 but it's working for me know