Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anecdotal evidence that people are not giving up reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the AWD deliveries (P and NP both), that's going to come back to bite them.

At least till now, nobody but Day 1 and *one* single Day 2 person on the Tesla forums in their waiting rooms has gotten a VIN yet. That's it, and it goes without saying that current deliveries have been line waiters.

I'm sitting way back in the line at 1/30/17 and unlike others I've had absolutely no change in my Tesla account... and probably won't for months at this rate.

The fact is Tesla absolutely appears to be honoring reservation date once they got the majority of the RWD stockpile delivered, and the difference between early SR reservation and no reservation at this point is likely going to be at least $3750 when talking rebate, and depending how many reservations converted to the various LR options it might even be the full $7500.

Just bad math, if you want a Tesla Model 3, hold the reservation.

Valid points, I guess when your still hoping for a rebate and need delivery ASAP the reservation is still important. My only point is I don't think it is surprising or matter at all to the bottom line if people are cancelling. Anyone that wants the car can place an order and they are doing so. The whole reservations are being cancelled story is meaningless to the bottom line.

The fact is Tesla absolutely appears to be honoring reservation date once they got the majority of the RWD stockpile delivered, and the difference between early SR reservation and no reservation at this point is likely going to be at least $3750 when talking rebate, and depending how many reservations converted to the various LR options it might even be the full $7500.

Many cases where day 1 folks were still waiting while folks who reserved later got their cars faster because they ordered the "right" color. But "color" was never a criteria until now

I plan to request my $1k deposit back this next week. I can see no advantage to being a reservationist now. I have not abandoned Tesla. Just the deposit.

I'm waiting for the SR battery, non-performance, non-AWD. In addition .... I do not want a black or white interior.

I had put my "cherry" BMW Z3 on the market to make way for a new Model 3. I've taken it off the market and will continue to enjoy it for the foreseeable future. I'm beginning to suspect that Tesla will not make the vehicle I'm interested in.
I'd say that unless you need the money, don't cancel the reservation. I'd imagine that when the floodgates do open for the base model, you'll regret your decision. My speculation is that they'll offer the SR model once the LR version is exhausted (hopefully before the end of 2018). You could end up being one of the fortunate few that are able to get the base model and the full tax credit. Again, this is pure speculation on my behalf.

Last edited: