Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual Maintenance Plan - Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all.

I have some questions about the annual maintenance plan here in Canada (it may be identical in the USA but I figured I would just ask my fellow Canucks about it).

I purchased my CPO car in June 2017. I purchased the 4 year maintenance plan about 6 months later, so the first annual service wouldn't be until June of 2018, I assume.

Do I call the Tesla SC to book the annual appointment for June or do I need to do it prior to June (or is it from the date I purchased the maintenance plan)? Has anyone gone through the first year service and how long did it take? Did they provide you with a loaner? Does it matter which SC I go to or can I just pick?

Thanks for your help.

Interesting - they wouldn't sell me the maintenance nor extended warranty package on my CPO 2.5 years ago. They actually took my money for the maintenance package, and then told me a month later that they had to refund it. I'd triple check that you actually have it.

I have an email from them specifically saying I could get the maintenance plan but NOT the extended warranty. That's odd.

Wonder if I can get it then. Bought my X new but couldn’t get the plans then. Coming up on my first service this summer.

So, the way I got mine was I first sent Tesla an email asking if I was eligible for the extended warranty and the maintenance plan. They responded by email saying since my car was CPO, I could not get the extended warranty but I was still eligible for the maintenance plan, provided it was purchased within 12 months of the sale of the car.

On the Tesla website, I was NOT given the option to purchase the extended warranty but I WAS given the option of purchashing the maintenance plan (which is what I did). I got a confirmation email and now I just have to set up the appointment (which is the point of my original post).

I do my service every year. No care for numbers of KM. It is supposed to be 20k KM or 1 year, I do 1 year. Exemple i went year 1 at 33k KM. I said I wanna do service 1. Then I did service 2 at 55K km. I will be doing in June service 3 at around 75K km. Am also thinking about getting a refund for the 6 years left because I don't think they are doing anything worth 600$ per year.

• Informative
Reactions: Struja
I do my service every year. No care for numbers of KM. It is supposed to be 20k KM or 1 year, I do 1 year. Exemple i went year 1 at 33k KM. I said I wanna do service 1. Then I did service 2 at 55K km. I will be doing in June service 3 at around 75K km. Am also thinking about getting a refund for the 6 years left because I don't think they are doing anything worth 600$ per year.

I had a somewhat different experience. I bought the pre-paid service plan because when I got my car it was mandatory to maintain your basic warranty. That is to say you had to have the inspections at the mileage / time intervals so I decided to pre-pay and save a bit of money. After I bought it, Elon tweeted that this was no longer the case, yet my contract actually still says this. So anyway, I figured I do like you and get one a year regardless of mileage.

After I passed 80,000 km and was in to my extended warranty, Service told me that my extended warranty might be invalid because I wasn't doing the service/inspections and while the basic warranty requirements changed, the extended warranty requirements did not. I was also told that the ones I "missed" (blew past the mileage interval) were basically forfeited. I then used the rest of my credit up to my recently completed 160,000 km service but "lost" two or three that were never completed because I thought I could save them for later.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk
I had a somewhat different experience. I bought the pre-paid service plan because when I got my car it was mandatory to maintain your basic warranty. That is to say you had to have the inspections at the mileage / time intervals so I decided to pre-pay and save a bit of money. After I bought it, Elon tweeted that this was no longer the case, yet my contract actually still says this. So anyway, I figured I do like you and get one a year regardless of mileage.

After I passed 80,000 km and was in to my extended warranty, Service told me that my extended warranty might be invalid because I wasn't doing the service/inspections and while the basic warranty requirements changed, the extended warranty requirements did not. I was also told that the ones I "missed" (blew past the mileage interval) were basically forfeited. I then used the rest of my credit up to my recently completed 160,000 km service but "lost" two or three that were never completed because I thought I could save them for later.
I did not take the extended warranty. I have 9500km left on my warranty and every parts on my car have been replaced already -_- kidding, but feels like that.