Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual Maintenance Plan - Canada

Hey all.

I have some questions about the annual maintenance plan here in Canada (it may be identical in the USA but I figured I would just ask my fellow Canucks about it).

I purchased my CPO car in June 2017. I purchased the 4 year maintenance plan about 6 months later, so the first annual service wouldn't be until June of 2018, I assume.

Do I call the Tesla SC to book the annual appointment for June or do I need to do it prior to June (or is it from the date I purchased the maintenance plan)? Has anyone gone through the first year service and how long did it take? Did they provide you with a loaner? Does it matter which SC I go to or can I just pick?

Thanks for your help.

Interesting - they wouldn't sell me the maintenance nor extended warranty package on my CPO 2.5 years ago. They actually took my money for the maintenance package, and then told me a month later that they had to refund it. I'd triple check that you actually have it.

I have an email from them specifically saying I could get the maintenance plan but NOT the extended warranty. That's odd.

Wonder if I can get it then. Bought my X new but couldn’t get the plans then. Coming up on my first service this summer.

So, the way I got mine was I first sent Tesla an email asking if I was eligible for the extended warranty and the maintenance plan. They responded by email saying since my car was CPO, I could not get the extended warranty but I was still eligible for the maintenance plan, provided it was purchased within 12 months of the sale of the car.

On the Tesla website, I was NOT given the option to purchase the extended warranty but I WAS given the option of purchashing the maintenance plan (which is what I did). I got a confirmation email and now I just have to set up the appointment (which is the point of my original post).

I do my service every year. No care for numbers of KM. It is supposed to be 20k KM or 1 year, I do 1 year. Exemple i went year 1 at 33k KM. I said I wanna do service 1. Then I did service 2 at 55K km. I will be doing in June service 3 at around 75K km. Am also thinking about getting a refund for the 6 years left because I don't think they are doing anything worth 600$ per year.

• Informative
Reactions: Struja

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
I do my service every year. No care for numbers of KM. It is supposed to be 20k KM or 1 year, I do 1 year. Exemple i went year 1 at 33k KM. I said I wanna do service 1. Then I did service 2 at 55K km. I will be doing in June service 3 at around 75K km. Am also thinking about getting a refund for the 6 years left because I don't think they are doing anything worth 600$ per year.

I had a somewhat different experience. I bought the pre-paid service plan because when I got my car it was mandatory to maintain your basic warranty. That is to say you had to have the inspections at the mileage / time intervals so I decided to pre-pay and save a bit of money. After I bought it, Elon tweeted that this was no longer the case, yet my contract actually still says this. So anyway, I figured I do like you and get one a year regardless of mileage.

After I passed 80,000 km and was in to my extended warranty, Service told me that my extended warranty might be invalid because I wasn't doing the service/inspections and while the basic warranty requirements changed, the extended warranty requirements did not. I was also told that the ones I "missed" (blew past the mileage interval) were basically forfeited. I then used the rest of my credit up to my recently completed 160,000 km service but "lost" two or three that were never completed because I thought I could save them for later.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk
I had a somewhat different experience. I bought the pre-paid service plan because when I got my car it was mandatory to maintain your basic warranty. That is to say you had to have the inspections at the mileage / time intervals so I decided to pre-pay and save a bit of money. After I bought it, Elon tweeted that this was no longer the case, yet my contract actually still says this. So anyway, I figured I do like you and get one a year regardless of mileage.

After I passed 80,000 km and was in to my extended warranty, Service told me that my extended warranty might be invalid because I wasn't doing the service/inspections and while the basic warranty requirements changed, the extended warranty requirements did not. I was also told that the ones I "missed" (blew past the mileage interval) were basically forfeited. I then used the rest of my credit up to my recently completed 160,000 km service but "lost" two or three that were never completed because I thought I could save them for later.
I did not take the extended warranty. I have 9500km left on my warranty and every parts on my car have been replaced already -_- kidding, but feels like that.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC