Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another center console wrap thread...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of the same for my MY - can you please share your thoughts and pics once you get them installed? Thanks!

While waiting forever for these pieces to be delivered by China, I ordered matte black version from Amazon. I ended up installing them and am happy with them, so won't bother installing the white pieces, which arrived a week or two after I installed the black ones. Here are some quick observations:
  • Much quicker/easier install than wrap for sure
  • Has a nice solid feel to it
  • Thickness matches up nicely with how the factory pieces are slightly recessed
  • I have the 4 piece kit but, at least with black, its unnecessary given that you really never see where that 4th piece is. Get the 4 piece if available but if only 3 piece is avail, its fine
  • The pieces adhere well with the factory-installed 2-sided tape. However, the middle piece (in front of the cup holder panel) on mine seems to not stick 100% in small sections at the mid-point on the sides. I think the curvature of the aftermarket piece is just so slightly off vs. the factory piece. You would never notice, but I'm anal so I notice everything. It isn't a problem though. To resolve, after install I'd recommend taping the pieces down with masking tape overnight, or using some sort of clamping (large binder clips would be fine).

At some point I need to sell all the spare accessories I've accumulated for the model 3 that I have chosen not to install (white console cover, hydrodip CF look front spoiler, console side blades, steering wheel cutouts, rear air vent housing, rear air vent housing lower piece, window switch surrounds, etc.)

Good idea - some foamy double sided tape could maybe compensate. But that could also possibly impact the opening and closing of the compartment too...worth a try though

Wouldn't recommend this. If there is a misalignment in the OEM panels, you might want to try and adjust by partially removing parts of the console (it isn't hard at all) and then slightly adjusting any screws securing pieces along with shims to try and get it to your liking. If that doesn't work, you could purposely "mis-align" the aftermarket plastic pieces with the OEM pieces to make everything visually equal, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you have really bad gaps, consider getting matte black instead of white, since the contrasting color highlights the gaps.

I went with real carbon fiber. Real easy to install. I'm very happy with the results. The center piece was running in the wrong direction so they sent me another piece.

Attachments

• 20200516_201211.jpg
    20200516_201211.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20200613_164632.jpg
    20200613_164632.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 72
I went with real carbon fiber. Real easy to install. I'm very happy with the results. The center piece was running in the wrong direction so they sent me another piece.
Where did you buy it?

I’m unsure if I want to go with real CF or just get a good vinyl such as either:
https://www.amazon.com/EVFIT-Center-Console-Carbon-Accessories/dp/B08BCD97XK
or
Center Console Vinyl Wrap for Model 3

I’m concerned that a shell just adds bulk or its too thin to be really good. Vinyl wrap is cheaper of course, but has the benefit of being easy to change out as well.

how much did that full ppf cost you? My guess is a lot...

I wash my car with a detail spray or waterless if it’s really dirty. Less than 5 minutes either way. Sealant and wax once a year. It’s not a Bugatti, two bucket method is pretty silly.

Where did you buy it?

I’m unsure if I want to go with real CF or just get a good vinyl such as either:
or

I’m concerned that a shell just adds bulk or its too thin to be really good. Vinyl wrap is cheaper of course, but has the benefit of being easy to change out as well.

The shell adds "bulk" only to make the lids flush with the console side blades, if at all. So, it doesn't really add bulk and at the same time is sturdy. I don't have any issue with vinyl other than it is finicky to install properly. The shell literally takes 2 minutes and one of those minutes is cleaning prep of the factory console, which is something you need to do with vinyl as well. The downside of the shell is the limited color and sheen selection options.

Where did you buy it?

or

Where did you buy it?

or

Where did you buy it?

or

I got it from Ebay For Tesla Model 3 1819 Real Carbon Fiber Control Console Armrest Box Trim 3PCS | eBay

From China and took a long while to arrive but once they replaced the center piece I couldn't be happier. I didn't want vinyl as I feel it makes the car seem cheap. It is also very thick. The fit and finish is spot on. There are no large gaps or areas that aren't covered. You can easily remove it too if you want a different look.

Reactions: IronCoffee_Max
I ordered real carbon fiber in matte (not ABS), and it looks priceless:

US $102.0 20% OFF|Glossy / Matte Real Carbon Fiber For Tesla Model 3 2017 2020 Car Styling Interior Gear Shift Panel Cup Holder Box Cover Trim|Interior Mouldings| - AliExpress

I have white seats and I don't think I could have made a better choice. Very professional as it looks factory
I bought a matte black cover but the cup holder part overlaps the silver trim a tiny bit. The center piece also seemed a bit too small. Did you have any similar issues like that? Was the silver trim on the cup holder completely visible still?

After the cover, I was thinking about going back to a standard matte black wrap. My old one was susceptible to scratches. Are there better matte black wraps out there nowadays?

I bought a matte black cover but the cup holder part overlaps the silver trim a tiny bit. The center piece also seemed a bit too small. Did you have any similar issues like that? Was the silver trim on the cup holder completely visible still?

After the cover, I was thinking about going back to a standard matte black wrap. My old one was susceptible to scratches. Are there better matte black wraps out there nowadays?

Mine was perfect, silver trim untouched. To me a wrap looks cheap compared to a real carbon fiber cover

I ordered real carbon fiber in matte (not ABS), and it looks priceless:

US $102.0 20% OFF|Glossy / Matte Real Carbon Fiber For Tesla Model 3 2017 2020 Car Styling Interior Gear Shift Panel Cup Holder Box Cover Trim|Interior Mouldings| - AliExpress

I have white seats and I don't think I could have made a better choice. Very professional as it looks factory

Do you have anywany picsspics with the white seats? I was wondering if it would look odd if that's the only CF you have in the inside. Did you replace the white strip or anything too?