Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another coatings question, if you don't mind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have purchased a lot of cars in my time, so I am not sure where I got left off of the “coatings” bandwagon……but I have never had it on any of my cars.

I am trying to research as much as I can but the fundamental question is for those that have done it, is there really that large of a difference between cars you have had in the past without coating and your X with coating. Or said differently, is it really worth it and would you do it again?

Appreciate the input.

Living with the X through two New England winters I now appreciate that the wrap is for the car and the coating is for me. The wrap has protected the paint from dings and rocks. The coating makes cleaning a breeze and waxing unnecessary.

Reactions: Jacksan
Ceramic coatings will make it easier to clean, and keep the "new glossy" look last longer, with a modicum of light scratch/mark protection, which is recommended by the installer to be maintained . They will not provide paint protection to the degree that PPF will.

Coatings in general are less expensive than PPF, some are warrantied to last 2 years, up to 5 years, depending on the package you choose.

Last edited:
If one ppf’s, can you still wax the car for a shiner sheen? That’s my one issue as wax on vinyl film does not adhere.

I love a good wax shine on the paint clearcoat to really bring out the look.

I guess ceramic pro on just the oem paint/clear coat would suffice then in this case?