Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Delivered X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the new update 2018.14 Although the release notes don't indicate, it updates the "old" MCU. The browser is truly a different animal -- it is really fast. I ran the HTML5 test an it now scores 350ish. Mostly because there are no video drivers/plug ins. Went to several sites, and it responded as well as my phone. Musk was right, the new update makes the MCU (browser wise) difference moot.

Did the update come OTA? I haven’t received that one yet. Did get one right after delivery but none since. I’m looking forward to this one!

@Gpa9504 The update was OTA. I was amazed because I had just gotten 2018.14 -- the MCU update a couple of days prior. It appears MCU is a prerequisite for the Navigation Update 2014.2. Oddly, it also appeared the Nav comes in two parts. I updated in the morning, oddly, I had a second part that afternoon same number and release notes. The SC was surprised, they had heard of no one outside of California getting the Nav. According to the Firmware site, they are coming pretty quickly. After three days, I have made some notes for recommendations, the update comes with a direct email for recommendations/observations since it is "beta". Normally I am behind. So glad to be among the first for a change.

How long was your deliver from order?
Anxiously awaiting mine

QUOTE="Gpa9504, post: 2642562, member: 71301"]Came home from work early- to find a nice shiny silver MX sitting in my front driveway. Carefully delivered by Tesla in a closed box trailer (thank you) from Decatur SC in Atlanta. The guy had just unloaded it when I drove up.

Car was pristine. Well detailed. Could not find a scratch. Cream interior looked very nice and the car had a total of 4 miles on the OD! Sat down in it (the second time EVER in a Model X) and tried it out. Everything seems to work- sounds, radio, screens. Plugged it in and confirmed it would charge on my installed HPWC. Even found the Xmas Easter Egg button and played it for the neighbors kids. Doors, lights, everything worked as hoped.

Only time will tell how the overall experience goes but the delivery was excellent. I am not a person who falls in love with my cars and not sure that will change with this one. But overall I am blown away with what it can do. The ride is a bit like a "minivan" until you punch it, then WOW. Heavy, planted. Road noise in my opinion was very acceptable. Clearly Tesla is not going for Lexus quality sound proofing (that would be too quiet in my opinion anyway). But overall the doors worked nicely, seats were nicely comfortable (certainly not amazing because they seem a tad small). I'm 6'1 so tall and long legged. But the car feels extremely spacious. It seems very well designed for what it is intended to do- transport up to 6 people (in my car) comfortably as far as you want to go on electric power SAFELY.

The really cool thing that I am only now realizing as a first time Tesla owner- this car will change and grow and improve via software enhancements that may mold and hopefully improve the usability, safety and "character" of the car. I am very excited about that!

So for those folks keenly reading each of these "delivered" posts as they ponder whether to buy, wait or forego the purchase altogether- I can promise you as many others have suggested-the initial impression is going to be amazing!!!!![/QUOTE]
Came home from work early- to find a nice shiny silver MX sitting in my front driveway. Carefully delivered by Tesla in a closed box trailer (thank you) from Decatur SC in Atlanta. The guy had just unloaded it when I drove up.

Car was pristine. Well detailed. Could not find a scratch. Cream interior looked very nice and the car had a total of 4 miles on the OD! Sat down in it (the second time EVER in a Model X) and tried it out. Everything seems to work- sounds, radio, screens. Plugged it in and confirmed it would charge on my installed HPWC. Even found the Xmas Easter Egg button and played it for the neighbors kids. Doors, lights, everything worked as hoped.

Only time will tell how the overall experience goes but the delivery was excellent. I am not a person who falls in love with my cars and not sure that will change with this one. But overall I am blown away with what it can do. The ride is a bit like a "minivan" until you punch it, then WOW. Heavy, planted. Road noise in my opinion was very acceptable. Clearly Tesla is not going for Lexus quality sound proofing (that would be too quiet in my opinion anyway). But overall the doors worked nicely, seats were nicely comfortable (certainly not amazing because they seem a tad small). I'm 6'1 so tall and long legged. But the car feels extremely spacious. It seems very well designed for what it is intended to do- transport up to 6 people (in my car) comfortably as far as you want to go on electric power SAFELY.

The really cool thing that I am only now realizing as a first time Tesla owner- this car will change and grow and improve via software enhancements that may mold and hopefully improve the usability, safety and "character" of the car. I am very excited about that!

So for those folks keenly reading each of these "delivered" posts as they ponder whether to buy, wait or forego the purchase altogether- I can promise you as many others have suggested-the initial impression is going to be amazing!!!!!
Conrats!

I placed my order last week, so I'm also really excited to share my delivery story!

Reactions: WINGIT
I have new information regarding my MX and not sure where to post it so figured, why not here!

After hearing a popping/rattling/grinding noise from front left corner- I called Service Center in Atlanta, which I assumed was closest (it was the delivery center for me). Without rehashing details, about two weeks later a guy from ranger Service showed up at 10:30am to check out the car.

Up to this point, I have been very unimpressed with Tesla- The Company. Pretty disgusted actually.

I must report that this was the best service visit ever! The technician was possibly the most knowledgeable car guy I’ve ever met. He was calm, thorough, and professional. I told him of my experiences thus far and he apologized on behalf of the company and said he would try to improve my experience with the company as well as my car.

He found the problem, loose bolt, likely end of quarter QC... but then he proceeded to fix things he figured might come up in the future! He didn’t leave until 5pm. He even took the car to my local alignment shop for me (which Tesla uses too) and fixed the alignment issue I had since day one. He even updated the car to very latest software.

While I still believe I’m a little out of Tesla’s “optimum service area” geographically speaking- if they have a lot of guys like this technician- Tesla might have a chance after all (in Alabama that is).

I hope this helps anybody worried about service after the sale- I was blown away by this experience.

I have new information regarding my MX and not sure where to post it so figured, why not here!

After hearing a popping/rattling/grinding noise from front left corner- I called Service Center in Atlanta, which I assumed was closest (it was the delivery center for me). Without rehashing details, about two weeks later a guy from ranger Service showed up at 10:30am to check out the car.

Up to this point, I have been very unimpressed with Tesla- The Company. Pretty disgusted actually.

I must report that this was the best service visit ever! The technician was possibly the most knowledgeable car guy I’ve ever met. He was calm, thorough, and professional. I told him of my experiences thus far and he apologized on behalf of the company and said he would try to improve my experience with the company as well as my car.

He found the problem, loose bolt, likely end of quarter QC... but then he proceeded to fix things he figured might come up in the future! He didn’t leave until 5pm. He even took the car to my local alignment shop for me (which Tesla uses too) and fixed the alignment issue I had since day one. He even updated the car to very latest software.

While I still believe I’m a little out of Tesla’s “optimum service area” geographically speaking- if they have a lot of guys like this technician- Tesla might have a chance after all (in Alabama that is).

I hope this helps anybody worried about service after the sale- I was blown away by this experience.

FWIW: Ranger service in N.C. and FL has been universally terrific. Tesla has hired some great techs for field work.

FWIW: Ranger service in N.C. and FL has been universally terrific. Tesla has hired some great techs for field work.

The guy that serviced my car out of Pensacola has been with the company a LONG time- said in when he started they mainly took guys from BMW and Mercedes- because of the their training. Thanks X Fan- good to know this is consistent and not a lucky break!

Reactions: X Fan
Agree...my primary tech in Naples came from multiple years at Mercedes.

I gather one advantage for Tesla in talent acquisition in “tourist” locations is that Tesla employs their techs as salaried workers whereby BMW & Mercedes pay by the job. In non-peak months, tech pay dries up for BMW/Mercedes techs here in Naples.

Well, here is an update:
Just watched my X head to Atlanta for service. This time a warning indicator light for “Air Suspension Fault”. To pull this trip off- I had to talk to Ranger Service people (took two and a half weeks). Finally they passed off the Atlanta- which ignored their request for a few days before finally agreeing to take the car (they argued it should go to Jacksonville). This took another week. I wonder how long my car will be in Atlanta...

In a positive note the driver was super nice. But confused as to why he wasn’t bringing a Tesla loaner to me. Seemed very surprised when I told him that was never offered... just an offhand “guess we can arrange an Enterprise rental for you if you need one”.

I’m not going to carry on with another rant about this company. Just relaying my personal experience with owning a Tesla so anyone that is considering a purchase- can see just one opinion out of many.

The car is amazing. Just flat out insane. Tesla the company- the complete opposite. I plan to sell this once I get it back from Atlanta. Unfortunately I have found my particular location is in a big Tesla “black hole” and their service people have admitted as much. Too far from any service center and located between Florida and Alabama Ranger guys.

If you are within 1-2 hours of a decent SC- definitely consider one of these cars. If not...ponder deeply.

Attachments

• A4417376-F9D2-49D6-82B1-DD6FEDC9F231.jpeg
    A4417376-F9D2-49D6-82B1-DD6FEDC9F231.jpeg
    699.7 KB · Views: 84
Well, here is an update:
Just watched my X head to Atlanta for service. This time a warning indicator light for “Air Suspension Fault”. To pull this trip off- I had to talk to Ranger Service people (took two and a half weeks). Finally they passed off the Atlanta- which ignored their request for a few days before finally agreeing to take the car (they argued it should go to Jacksonville). This took another week. I wonder how long my car will be in Atlanta...

In a positive note the driver was super nice. But confused as to why he wasn’t bringing a Tesla loaner to me. Seemed very surprised when I told him that was never offered... just an offhand “guess we can arrange an Enterprise rental for you if you need one”.

I’m not going to carry on with another rant about this company. Just relaying my personal experience with owning a Tesla so anyone that is considering a purchase- can see just one opinion out of many.

The car is amazing. Just flat out insane. Tesla the company- the complete opposite. I plan to sell this once I get it back from Atlanta. Unfortunately I have found my particular location is in a big Tesla “black hole” and their service people have admitted as much. Too far from any service center and located between Florida and Alabama Ranger guys.

If you are within 1-2 hours of a decent SC- definitely consider one of these cars. If not...ponder deeply.

Man that just plain sucks. I haven’t taken delivery yet but this experience definitely makes me wonder. Even if you lived near a SC you would still be dealing with this. It’s unacceptable quite frankly.

Man that just plain sucks. I haven’t taken delivery yet but this experience definitely makes me wonder. Even if you lived near a SC you would still be dealing with this. It’s unacceptable quite frankly.

Thank you Jayrod! Hope you have a much better experience. And I really hope you are close to a SC.

I was really hoping that my experience would be better with Tesla. I wasn’t expecting perfection, but at least some competence (if not the car, then their service and support). I have found neither. I am probably going to sell this thing when I get it back. The X will tease you- on one hand, it drives amazing, the tech is mind blowing, and no gas stations!!!! But then it breaks. And the Service is horrible. At least for me...

Good luck!!!!

Thank you Jayrod! Hope you have a much better experience. And I really hope you are close to a SC.

I was really hoping that my experience would be better with Tesla. I wasn’t expecting perfection, but at least some competence (if not the car, then their service and support). I have found neither. I am probably going to sell this thing when I get it back. The X will tease you- on one hand, it drives amazing, the tech is mind blowing, and no gas stations!!!! But then it breaks. And the Service is horrible. At least for me...

Good luck!!!!

Well I hope it gets better and if I my inspection on delivery isn’t good they can keep it. Won’t be screwed over.