TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ANOTHER (Delivery Checklist)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by lasdoug, Mar 13, 2018.

1. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

Items compiled from Forum Model 3 Owners.
    If you see an item missing, please let me know
    so it can be added to the list.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Geez, I'd be there for 3 hours if I checked all of this stuff during delivery. I'm going to confirm nothing is broken or out of alignment, make sure the paint looks good and check that all of the main components are working properly, that's about it.

• Like x 2
  3. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

Hi, Checklist not meant for (Before You Accept Delivery)! More, a reminder when you get home, items to check.

4. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

Thanks, I have always bought used cars and don't expect to obsess over every detail, but after thinking about it, I'm dropping $56k on a car, the car should be immaculate. I do plan to look pretty hard at it and this checklist will help.

5. bruinboi85

bruinboi85 Member

It would be very helpful if you posted editable versions so we could enhance/modify them. PDFs or Images means we are limited to your version, or we have to type everything in again. Just a suggestion. Thanks for the hard work.

• Like x 1
  6. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

THANK YOU, I appreciate that. I also posted a (1 Page) Version which might be a little for handy!!

7. RSavage

RSavage Member

Great list....thank you!!

8. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

I will be glad to do that. Can a (Word) File be uploaded and would you like the 1 PAGE or 2 PAGE version???.

9. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

Hi, Just tried to Upload the "WORD" file, doesn't appear that can be done. Can you relay to me how to Upload
    a EDITABLE file? Thanks

10. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Useless. Have seen these lists for model S and X. All useless. Would check cosmetic issues. Rest will be fixed later if found. BTW MY model3 delivered flawless after 2000 miles no defects found. You accepting a car not investigating a crime

• Disagree x 2
  11. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

USELESS in what way? You say your Model 3 was "FLAWLESS", how would you know if you did not check everything on this list? If you did check everything on this list and it was still "Flawless" are we to assume every Model 3 is built exactly like your Model 3. The list has been compiled by using the Tesla Checklist and Problems Reported by Model 3 owners on the many Forums. If a owner reports a problem on the many forums are we to assume it was 1 car problem and it could not possibly happen to another owner. Seems like alot of ASSUMING going on,
    “You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me !!

12. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

I believe just out of you. As I stated have had it for 2000 miles. How can you checkout during delivery what you can see in 2000 miles

• Disagree x 1
  13. RedRose13

RedRose13 New Member

Thanks everyone. I'm taking this check list to Tesla on Saturday and I will go thru it line by line. I want a perfect car or I want to know the imperfections and get them fixed! Appreciated all the input. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    RedRose13

14. lasdoug

lasdoug Member

CONGRATS (RED ROSE)!! Excited For You. Hope the car is perfect. Have you got your 1ST SONG picked out & NAME for your Model 3?
    Would appreciate hearing how it goes on Delivery......GOODLUCK!!!

15. pwrusty

pwrusty Member

will definitely use at piuckup on 4/26 at costa mesa. THanks!

16. Future4me

Future4me Member

Take the wife like I did. She'll nitpick the cr*p out of it! It passed her inspection, good enough for me!

• Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

It's a very comprehensive list. I think it's best to use it as a guideline to make sure you remember what is important for you to check while you are there. I've been perusing these forums long enough that I have a mental checklist burned into my brain when I pick mine up tomorrow.

• Like x 1
  18. irishndude4

irishndude4 Member

Thanks for the list. In regards to the Underside inspection, how do you really do that and know what to look for? Also, on the frunk sunken roof, are you saying the slope should be there (verify it) or it should be flush and it's a problem if the slope is there? Thanks.

19. Quickstart88

Quickstart88 Member

Me too. No one can nitpick better than wifie.

20. chinnam3

chinnam3 Member

Does glove box has a light? I saw no lighting, and I asked the Sales rep while checking before signing papers. He claims there is no light in glovebox. I even commented even bottom of the barrel cars has light in there. He insists M3 does not have one.