Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Easter Egg idea: rev/engine sound modulated by accelerator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun topic/idea that I haven't seen yet, that should be easy to implement.

1) Create an Easter Egg that can only be used while in Park and/or Neutral
2) Play a 'revving engine' sound through the stereo modulated by the throttle/accelerator

Optional: allow to choose the 'sound type' on the touch-screen (choose any type that has been previously suggested on this topic about playing rev-sounds through the stereo)

Some sounds I've seen suggested before:
-(insert Make/Model) engine rev sound
-Jetson's "car" sound
-Star Wars X-Wing/Tie-Fighter sound
-Jet/Plane sound
-etc

I usually prefer Tesla silence, but this could still be fun in certain situations.

Or maybe we could do this ourselves via built-in web browser and sounds attached to 'buttons'. I'll have to test this myself (not sure if 'audio' media type is allowed by built-in browser).

Some sounds I've seen suggested before:
-(insert Make/Model) engine rev sound
Yes I want this too, Please Tesla. You positioned yourself as the tech leader in the auto industry so you should be doing this. Heck I wouldn't mind an external speaker with the ability to dial in the volume for this sound.

All nay sayers, just realize that Infiniti (for many years) and BMW (i8) already do this and synthesize engine sounds that are pumped into the cabin to mask the actual sound. Those are the only two I know of but there are surely more.

Reactions: CarsonGallo
Ah yes, I would use this for fun. They could allow samples from a memory stick.

A nice V12 sound in a Tesla would be a sufficiently weird experience... but in third-party hands all kinds of fun could be had, like above-mentioned sci-fi vehicles or maybe horses galloping or whatever... it would have to simulate revving up and down, though, in some realistic manner...

But unlike the OP suggests, I think it would be important that this works while driving. That would be the whole point.

Reactions: CarsonGallo